Spurs - Suns 1st round Series!

Phoenix changed things up starting Diaw in place of Hill, and I'm not sure the Spurs can match up with 3x 7-footers (or partial 7-footers).

I don't know why D'Antoni waited until they were 3-0 to make the adjustment. It's quite obvious that Parker does NOT play well when someone with length is defending him, or providing help defense. This is why the Suns matched up so well with the Spurs last year, namely because Marion was able to shut Parker down at times. Anyone that is taller and athletic will bother Parker, and I'm very surprised D'Antoni waited this long to make the switch. As much as everyone likes Grant Hill (he is a great guy) he really is struggling right now with the injury and should have sat from the start.

Still, it's good to see the Suns win one and at least prevent the sweep. Can't see them coming back from here though. History is against them.

As much as everyone likes Grant Hill (he is a great guy) he really is struggling right now with the injury and should have sat from the start.

Well Hill only played off the bench for most of game 2 and 3 even tho he was a starter.

Well Hill only played off the bench for most of game 2 and 3 even tho he was a starter.

I guess what I was saying was he shouldn't have played at all. Not start or come off the bench. But it's too late now, nothing short of a miracle will see the Suns win 3 games in a row!

GAME OVER!!!Spurs win sereis 4-1.

7 Turnovers in the last quarter(4 by Nash) along with 2 missed 3pt'ers by him in the last 20 seconds hurt the Suns

And once again we are bundled out by the spurs. its just ****ing sooo frustrating, to watch such an immensely talented team get bundled out year after year, when you know they have the ability to go all the way and win a championship wth a roster as good as theirs.

Things that need to change for Phoenix to have a legit shot:

1. defense: its just something this team REFUSES to work on, and its their achilles heel. history has taught us that a team with all out offense will not beat a balanced team. even a team like the 80s Lakers with the same run n gun offense had deceptively good defense: jabbar, cooper, magic etc.

2. deeper bench: playing 7-8 guys every night all season is gonna take its toll. the spurs are the best mainly cos of their extremely deep bench, which can fire if their starters are having an off night. phoenix has no options; if amare/nash is having a stinker, tahts it, game over. plus having guys like nash and shaq running every night is gonna end their careers a lot sooner; why does a guy like tim duncan still look like he has about 5+ years left in his tank?

3. mental strength (ie. their inability to close out games and let the other team back in, after getting big leads and then squandering them): so many games this season i have seen phoenix have a 35-40pt first quarter and then just fade and let the other team come back. it seems to be a phoenix trade mark.

So shaq made a big difference, they did better last year with marion.

He was 9-20 at the 3 throw line. But at least he was cluch in the 4th today.

The Suns simply don't have the chemistry that the Spurs have and bringing in Shaq really hurt them. Learning how to execute on both ends will definitely help them.

wow no for the hornets, this will be a great series!! have to win atleast 1 game in NO, wont be easy. Bowen will have to wear Chirs Paul like a glove.

wow no for the hornets, this will be a great series!! have to win atleast 1 game in NO, wont be easy. Bowen will have to wear Chirs Paul like a glove.

I havent seen any SA vs NO games this season, does Bowen in fact guard Paul?? I'm surprised, I thought Chris Paul would be way to quick for him?

So shaq made a big difference, they did better last year with marion.

Like I said in an earlier post, the Suns were more successful last year because they had Marion. People underestimate how fast and athletic he is and he's just such a good help defender. He could shut down Parker when he was guarding him.

Like I said in an earlier post, the Suns were more successful last year because they had Marion. People underestimate how fast and athletic he is and he's just such a good help defender. He could shut down Parker when he was guarding him.

You said exactly what i was thinking, trading a more athletic marion for an old shaq who can only rebound and dunk definitely screwed them. plus having grant hills old ass there to not play when they needed someone off the bench screwed them.

Back
Top Bottom