Spurs hated??

card_craze

collecting since 96
I've been following the spurs since their first championship, and there isn't any year like this year where they are hated the most.

Which brings to mind the comparison with 2000-2004 Lakers, they were one of the most hated teams (a sign of respect?)

But the Lakers had Shaq and Kobe, and then they had Malone & Payton. Lots of stars, lots of media attention.

But now, all of a sudden Bruce Bowen became famous, and the spurs are hated Wow... 3 championships since 99, and only now do people realize that the Spurs are BAD??

It's sort of a disgrace, disrespect, they should have been hated long ago not just this year... and probably next year too.

Ive been a long time Spurs hater....Bowen & Manu GRRRR :mad: Duncan and Parker i dont mind

I've always hated the Lakers if thats any consolation, not just when they were good. As for spurs, rather indifferent meaning there are other teams I would rather win cause I actually feel ANYTHING for them rather than the nothing I feel for the spurs.

I admire the way Pop runs that team - he gets the very best outa them - he takes no crap and if there's a dickhead in the team - he gets rid of them (ie Stephen Jackson even after he helped them win a ring...).

I think the thing with the spurs is that Duncan is so good and to be honest - not the most exciting and generally the offence runs through him so they don't excite the fans. This year I think other players have spoken out about Bowen's little niggly antics and others have gotten sick of Ginobili flopping and so the haters have grown in number...

For US fans as well they're hardly the all-american team - 2 of their 3 stars are foreign, then there's oberto, udrih etc

3 of 3 are foreign, Tim Duncan is from the Virgin Islands :D and Manu Argentina, Parker Belgium (via France)

Honestly I havent liked them since david robinson played and I have no idea why. I just couldnt stand David Robinson. Same as Utah, I always liked stockton but malone could do no good in my eyes so Ive never liked Utah (although williams is changing that for me now :) )

Well, i like spurs since David Robinson's days... but after a while, i did not really have respect for David Robinson when he played to win scoring champions against clippers, scored 71.. i think that's just silly and immature... but i think that was Bob Hill coaching.. so probably it was all about politics too... beating Shaq in scoring title..

But since Duncan played at Wake Forest, i knew he's the one... just like Oden's last year.. they didn't win NCAA.. but everyone knew how good Wake Forest team was...

I am a big fan of Duncan and Parker.. they play real basketball.. no tricks, no fakes and no cheats... and they both really shine when the team is needed them most... Especially, i like Spurs when Greg Pop joined the team...

People said they won because of the players union strike that led to 50 games season, but they showed they have real potential to win the championships in early 21 century after lakers' days..

basketball is not about winning anyway (hahaah being a magic fan :p)
But I like players who play right and good... Actually, i have at least one favourite player from any NBA team.. :lol:

I've never really hated them, just really disliked them.

Due to the fact that I think Manu Ginobili is a dirty player and he just bugs the hell out of me. I believe he's always been overrated and never should've got that All-Star berth.

I love Tony Parker and there is no better player in a team concept in the world than Tim Duncan but now Ginobili and Bowen pretty much put a dark bleak on the rest of the team.

I'm just tired of them, they are so boring, way too consistent and just very annoying.

ahhh like bargey said...Tall Poppy Syndrome

DRob didnt play that last game of the season to beat Shaq for the scoring title, he really wouldnt have cared.

After the 1st quarter he had 25 or so points, he was on fire. Coach Lucas realised that, and they ran a lot of plays through him...once he got over 50 they did just realise he could be putting up a huge number and so he kept playing...but he still had to score each one of those 71 points.

Manu isnt dirty and he does flop a little, but there are a lot worse players, I saw Deron Williams throw himself all over the place trying to guard Parker.

I agree with both Bargey and Trey, its a little bit of the tall poppy syndrome.

Im surprised that so many people hate the Spurs; Bowen is considered dirty, and Manu is a flopper, but they have refs out on the court to watch for those things...

As for David Robinson... dont get me started, the guy is probably the best person to play NBA basketball; in fact his basketball achievements pale into insignficance when placed next what he has done outside basketball for the San Antonio community, and Texas and the United States.

All Duncan does is play hard and within the system that he knows will win him games and titles. Parker and Manu add a touch of the unpredictable to the spurs, but overall they just play smart team basketball which frankly I find great to watch.

Back
Top Bottom