Soccer Players = Biggest Actors & Sooks ever?

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
Watching the Germany/Costa Rica replay.

Why do soccer players have to be such big actors and sooks? A small shove and they act like they're dying. What's the story behind this? It's so annoying!!

Sometimes they go down... and can't decide which body part to hold while acting. So obvious man. :lol:

meh, its part of the game, you just gotta accept it, albeit its a very annoying and unsportsmanlike part though. i think the only way to stop it or lessen it is to give a penalty or yellow card if there an obvious dive or acting job. problem is the top players are so convincing these days its almost impossible to tell a fake dive from a real one.

it reminds me from last world cup, a opposition player kicked the ball at rivaldo in frustration and it hit him in the shins, immediately he goes to ground clutching his face and rolling around in apparent agony. i guess when a world cup is on the line, players believe the end justifies the means, which is sad.

lol that rivaldo one was a classic! I hate diving just as much as the next bloke but you gotta laugh at that one ;)

Some are so obvious that it is laughable. I remember that game of the Champions League Final of Arsenal Vs. Barca. Many memorable rolling around the ground moments there and that Rivaldo incident was a perfect example.

However, some can be serious though; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSgeIVY7JBw&search=Cisse Leg

Fast recovery and all the best for Djibril. I'm sure France should/will do well. :)

that stuff is in all sports. how many times have you seen it in an afl game. punches thrown and they act as if they've been hit by a tyson right hook

LOL. I'll probably get flamed for saying it, but basketball is more of a fairy sport than soccer :lol:
When fouled, players are instructed to go down in soccer. A ref can only stop the game if a player is down. They could just lay/sit down, but the acting is convince the ref and others of the foul commited, just like big basketball players who yell/scream and throw their arms in the air when tapped on the wrist :lol:

If I ref'd soccer they'd get yellow cards for diving unless they could show me a red mark where they were hit :lol:

There aren't many hoops players who go down clutching their face in agony and fall in a heap like they've been shot with an elephant gun.

its fair enought to see a guy dive in slow-mow. but as a ref your not supposed to stand so close to the play anyhow and they are quick incidents. so its hard to tell whether they dived or not.

and i have seen it in the afl as well, some sooks, but also some damn strong guys to get up again. in english football though, its such low scoring, so you;d go for any advantage.

Back
Top Bottom