Show your favourite pickups!

nichj99

Faried PC Battle Champion
Real Name
josh
eBay User
blue_1stp_klosr
It's time for my third annual "show off your three favourite pickups for the year" thread!

Doesn't have to be a huge card, maybe something that has eluded you for a long time or you just like the design of. Don't be shy - if even a small amount of what gets shown in the mail day section throughout the year gets put up this thread will be kind of huge! :D

IMG_20150808_102054_zpswlknduog.jpg

IMG_20150821_151342_zps3nhbtwa6.jpg

Kristaps-Porzingis.jpg

To get this thread going, I'll post a bit about my pickups.

2013-14 Panini Court Kings Performance Art Prime Reggie Evans 2/7
I'd been looking for one of these cards since release. Unfortunately, due to an absence from the Hobby, I missed one that got listed on ebay, and never saw another...until this one popped up. And wouldn't you believe it, less than a month later another one (numbered 1/7) came up on ebay as well!

2002-03 Upper Deck SPx Rookie Spectrum Reggie Evans 13/25
This card had been listed on ebay for the longest time, and I was always reluctant to pull the trigger due to the asking price. One day on the Blowout forums, a member offered me one for a great price...and unfortunately I got scammed by that member and never received the card. As a result, I decided to bite the bullet and splurge. Don't regret it as it's one of my favourite cards now, and to this day I haven't seen another one.

2015-16 Prizm Emergent Kristaps Porzingis refractor
My favourite set from this year's Prizm. Odds are 1:720 packs. Got it for a great price and Porzingis prices are going through the roof. Strictly for the PC so I'm not looking to flip, but still a good feeling! It's sitting at COMC at the moment, and I'm contemplating sending it to BGS just because...but anyway the cornerstone of my new Porzingis PC!

Loving the new additions for the past year.

I figured I post one card per PC.

My favourite Kobe Pickup, was this Ultra Stars GOLD. Unfortunately I had to sell it last month for other things:(, but was great while it lasted.
1997-98 Ultra Stars Gold #3 Kobe Bryant.JPG

For the Longley PC, Although I picked up a few 1/1's, this one has to be my sentimental favourite. I never knew what the fuss was about, until I had one in hand. These cards are beautiful.

1997-98 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems #18 Luc Longley 92:100.jpeg

I waited until today to post in this thread, because I hadn't got this in hand or a decent pic of it....
For the Chris Anstey PC, I picked up this beauty. Probably my favourite pickup of all my cards this year.
1997-98 Ultra Masterpieces #125 Chris Anstey 1:1.jpeg
1997-98 Ultra Masterpieces #125 Chris Anstey 1:1 BACK.jpeg

For the new, and probably soon to become my #1 PC, Joe Ingles, I picked up this beauty. Only missing the mojo /25 for the stupid 10+ card Prizm Rainbow.
INGLES 1:1.JPG

Lastly, not PC specifically, but Ive always wanted an MJ Bulls auto, and @nichj99 put me onto this baby!
MICHAEL JORDAN MASTER COLLECTION AUTO 24 of 50.jpeg

Thanks for looking. Happy Collecting in 2016!

Loving the new additions for the past year.

I figured I post one card per PC.

My favourite Kobe Pickup, was this Ultra Stars GOLD. Unfortunately I had to sell it last month for other things:(, but was great while it lasted.
1997-98 Ultra Stars Gold #3 Kobe Bryant.JPG

For the Longley PC, Although I picked up a few 1/1's, this one has to be my sentimental favourite. I never knew what the fuss was about, until I had one in hand. These cards are beautiful.

1997-98 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems #18 Luc Longley 92:100.jpeg

I waited until today to post in this thread, because I hadn't got this in hand or a decent pic of it....
For the Chris Anstey PC, I picked up this beauty. Probably my favourite pickup of all my cards this year.
1997-98 Ultra Masterpieces #125 Chris Anstey 1:1.jpeg
1997-98 Ultra Masterpieces #125 Chris Anstey 1:1 BACK.jpeg

For the new, and probably soon to become my #1 PC, Joe Ingles, I picked up this beauty. Only missing the mojo /25 for the stupid 10+ card Prizm Rainbow.
INGLES 1:1.JPG

Lastly, not PC specifically, but Ive always wanted an MJ Bulls auto, and @nichj99 put me onto this baby!
MICHAEL JORDAN MASTER COLLECTION AUTO 24 of 50.jpeg

Thanks for looking. Happy Collecting in 2016!

I saw that ingles while going through the sold listings, was hoping you had snagged it!

Back
Top Bottom