Show something off

20210602_220934.jpg

My last post was at 1am, before I went to sleep....... so that is yesterday! :p

So for today's post, a few cards, but I thought they should all be together.

Now I know they aren't in the best of condition, but I got these a while back and was not too fuss, just wanted to own some of these less often seen cards. :thumbsup:

20210605_092533.jpg

20210605_092621.jpg

20210605_092649.jpg

20210605_092720.jpg

20210605_092906.jpg

20210605_092954.jpg

20210605_093120.jpg

20210605_093207.jpg

20210605_093253.jpg

20210605_093323.jpg

20210605_093405.jpg

Now who was it that used to have lots of vintage cards here on these boards? Was it aussie2al or chadjaja

Ersk

Just looking at the cards when posted up here, the vintage cards just look so awful when they are high res picture on the screen. I only ever tend to see the pictures as icons or on a phone screen, but when on a proper monitor, everything (bad) stands out!

And @drobfan8 , not sure if I already said this, but really nice thread you started up here! =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Just looking at the cards when posted up here, the vintage cards just look so awful when they are high res picture on the screen. I only ever tend to see the pictures as icons or on a phone screen, but when on a proper monitor, everything (bad) stands out!

And @drobfan8 , not sure if I already said this, but really nice thread you started up here! =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>
Man what I like about the condition of these cards is the life behind them...
It reminds me of my football card collection back in primary school... flickin the cards against the wall to win other peoples cards, the fact the cards that travel everywhere with you, in your pocket at all times and the fun and joy that came with collecting!
I miss that now its a business its all about money and everytime something is looked at as a business things take a turn for the worse in my experience.
So seeing these put a smile on my face so Thanks @Ersk

Man what I like about the condition of these cards is the life behind them...
It reminds me of my football card collection back in primary school... flickin the cards against the wall to win other peoples cards, the fact the cards that travel everywhere with you, in your pocket at all times and the fun and joy that came with collecting!
I miss that now its a business its all about money and everytime something is looked at as a business things take a turn for the worse in my experience.
So seeing these put a smile on my face so Thanks @Ersk

My thoughts exactly.

My favourite card in my collection is a 1994(?) Dynamic Brad MacKay Gold Autograph that I pulled as a 12 year old. That card went everywhere with me including staying in my pocket - accidentally - through a rep rugby practice. As it was my favourite card and the only one any of us had with an autograph it was always on the top of my stack so took the worst of the wear from the rubber bands. It is wrecked and it is awesome!

I love cards that tell a story and have had a life. All the modern cards immediately slammed into graded slabs seem so sterile and impersonal. Especially for a vintage card I would rather a little damage.

These two are not in the league of those of @Ersk in either card quality or card damage(!) but they are two of my favourites in my basketball collection and I don’t mind at all that the the Frazier especially has been “well loved”.

image.jpg

For today's edition of 'I've got too many cards, I probably need to downsize.....'

A few nice dual auto cards, nothing too fancy but still keepers.

The first is one from when I was trying to collect an autographed card of most players in the modern era who had a decent career. When Manute started signing, had to get at least of card with his ink on it.

20210605_100104.jpg

Would probably be nice to get a quad auto of Rick, Brent, Jon and Drew.

The next is one is to celebrate some less headline winning players behind an all-time great team!

20210605_100022.jpg

And the last....... Just 2 great players.

20210605_095811.jpg

20210605_095933.jpg

Ersk

Back
Top Bottom