Show something off

Oops, just realized I showed the Bron Mosaic Green twice. Oh well.

Let's go with some Spurs love. Hopefully I haven't shown these yet.

20200817_184711.jpg
20200817_184731.jpg
20200816_213113.jpg

Fleer Brilliants is some condition sensitive stuff - looks awesome, blues, whatever, so nice

Hell yeah! Brilliants was an amazing set, and as you said.. very condition sensitive. They get sticky surfaces too.
The Jason Williams PC is about the only stuff I kept from my younger years.
Lately I've been thinking of adding alot more to it.
Got a whole binder and a stack of one touches of stuff here, but still need the 98-99 Topps Chrome Refractor, so I might start there if I can find a nice copy.

Love the Philly card but ones like the "All Star Matchups" always annoy me.

What is the match up? Is it Carter v Hill, Payton v Robinson? Probably not since those combinations are East v East and West v West.

So it is Carter v Robinson and Hill v Payton? Well those guys don't "match up" at all. They are completely different positions!

Assuming it is the 2001 All Star game (all four were selected in 2000 and '01 but in 2000 Hill was still with Detroit) then say the starting forward match ups were Carter v Webber and Hill v Duncan. Which still are kind of silly match ups and Hill did not even play because he was injured, but at least there is more logic there!

Robinson, Mutombo, Payton and Marbury (gulp!) would have been quite cool as the back up C and PGs as well.

Anyway, in short the multi-player cards which seem to be thrown together with limited thought or imagine annoy me and it is disappointing because it is a nice looking card and they are great players.

(And I know they can obviously only work with the player autos they have, but still.)

Back
Top Bottom