ShipMyCards - USA Address and Shipping Service

I usually send back like 25 singles at a time, so not exactly a giant box full of boxes :lol:

I have 150 items atm.

• 7 hobby boxes
  • 47 Slabs
  • 1 Vinyl
  • 8 one Touches
  • 140 Singles
  • 20 lots from SMC (About 500+ cards) (I buy peoples breaks)
Trying to figure out whats best to do.

I have 150 items atm.

• 7 hobby boxes
  • 47 Slabs
  • 1 Vinyl
  • 8 one Touches
  • 140 Singles
  • 20 lots from SMC (About 500+ cards) (I buy peoples breaks)
Trying to figure out whats best to do.
I have a similar SMC inventory. Once my COMC lot is delivered at end of month, thinking of running the gauntlet and having everything sent over at once.

Perhaps with how busy shipments overall coming in to Australia would be Dec/Jan, there may be less scrutiny on fellas like us. I've had several SMC shipments previously, same size, value at between AU$500-700. Been ok thus far. See what happens.

I noted in Bryan's fb post, someone alleged they had a mate in ABF who intimated it was a hit and run mission to meet a target before they move on to the next thing. I work in a similar field and that's generally how it works - smash your targets hard and fast, give the appearance that something is being done, action generally raises compliance rates in what you want to achieve (in this case, reporting true import values).

Interested to continue hearing from people who've had recent shipments in. Bryan says he thinks it's only been a small percentage who've been held up. Probs true. Odds are that most people will get through fine, but the spectre of being pulled up is always there.

I've just requested a shipment close to $500-600 aud in total value for the items, the shipping cost was $71 usd.

I chose to send part of my inventory to see how it goes. Will be interesting as it's two larger items (card cases) and only 4 slabs.
If all goes well I'll send the remaining items home. It'll just be slabs and cards though, so it should be cheaper or at least on par and for more items (no cases this time).

For reference - I used the ePost - USPS International Priority Mail option. First time going anything other than Fedex but I couldn't justify the cost of the shipment with the size/weight.

Last edited:
I've just requested a shipment close to $500-600 aud in total value for the items, the shipping cost was $71 usd.

I chose to send part of my inventory to see how it goes. Will be interesting as it's two larger items (card cases) and only 4 slabs.
If all goes well I'll send the remaining items home. It'll just be slabs and cards though, so it should be cheaper or at least on par and for more items (no cases this time).

For reference - I used the ePost - USPS International Priority Mail option. First time going anything other than Fedex but I couldn't justify the cost of the shipment with the size/weight.
Let us all know how you go with it m8.

Going to be interesting when we have to pay the GST/Taxes at SMC level.

I am trying to ship my stuff home asap and will probably reevaluate my use going forward. Fuck the Australian Govt.

Going to be interesting when we have to pay the GST/Taxes at SMC level.

I am trying to ship my stuff home asap and will probably reevaluate my use going forward. Fuck the Australian Govt.
I personally think things will go back to the way they were a few months back.

Customs don't have the capacity to scrutinise every trading card shipment coming in. In my experience, what occurred was a standard short burst operation to keep shippers like us on our toes. Chatter about shipments being held up appears to have died down a great deal. But will it happen again at some point, maybe.

You could always be a goody goody and accurately report the values of everything you ship. That's totally fine. You'll pay more but you won't get stuffed around.

Or you could take the chance many of us have previously done and under report values to escape paying customs. If you're doing it smartly (small/medium size shipments + reasonable declared value) you'll probs be ok. Bigger shipments/weights with low values will draw the most scrutiny moving forward, rightly so.

But yeah, if it came to a point where we had to pay GST on everything coming back from SMC and the like, I'm sure everyone would reevaluate what they'd do. I had a think about it - I'd keep going and pay the premium. 1. the range of cards from US sellers is too good 2. I appreciate being able to consolidate at SMC because they pack everything so damn well for shipments, if I'm spending good coin, I'm comfortable knowing they'll get everything to me without a scratch. Previous to signing up to SMC a few years ago, I had a few disappointing purchases from sellers with product being damaged in transit.

If GST was being charged at purchase on international items being shipped outside Australia, then I'd probably drop my hobby involvement by about 95%.

Sending to SMC lets me have the cards sit there as long as I want, while I decide whether to send them home or to COMC to sell in a much more forgiving shipping-wise market.

But yeah, fuck the Aus Govt's incessant wallet death by a thousand million tax grabs.

So, I know this is an unpopular view, but...

Just to confirm, the complaint here is people are being asked to pay tax on items they are legally required to pay tax on?

I'm assuming that's a state sales tax?

I'm pretty sure the Aussie government doesn't get a share of that.

Hence why they want their cut!

This has nothing to do with Australia as far as I am concerned. I pay my taxes and use that taxed income to buy singles from the USA. I pay sales taxes per the location.

Why should they get a part of that?

Back
Top Bottom