ShipMyCards - USA Address and Shipping Service

You have to factor in tax and size of items.

• You pay more tax to ship to Arizona, but the receiving fees are cheaper and the turnaround is faster.
  • You pay no tax to ship to Oregon, but the receiving and forwarding fees are higher and the turnaround is longer.
  • If you buy off marketplace/fb in states, just send to Arizona.
Places that charge tax, usually under 50USD is best to send to Arizona. Anything over 50 is best to go to Oregon.

I check the postage to Oregon + Receiving Fees. Lots of time, its cheaper to send to Oregon so I post there but you have to factor in size.

If you want to send huge items to Oregon, you need to let them know first.
really appreciate the detailed response here. Im not fussed with shipping times if it means saving on the tax / import charges. thanks again.

really appreciate the detailed response here. Im not fussed with shipping times if it means saving on the tax / import charges. thanks again.
Yeah i weigh it up each time.

Sometimes, without tax, longer time but higher fees at Oregon, it still works out heaps cheaper

Use this. Love this. Know this

1689573341822.png

Thanks for sharing the video. I wanted to share a little about the behind the scenes and really express the dual process for each and every package that we get in and send out.

I will try and make a few more detailed videos for the smaller processes that are not used as often too. Such as a full video from the start to finish of the grading process, not just the way to submit on the website (again, all double verified prior to sending and such). Many things behind the website where we keep records for YEARS too.

Hey @ShipMyCards - have you had any issues with Steiner Sports before?

I placed an order and they cancelled it - I rang and they said they have had issues before with it being trouble to have stuff delivered so @ShipMyCards is on an auto block list now :(

https://www.steinersports.com/

Just letting you know in case you can/want to sort it out so other people can have stuff sent to you from them

Last edited:
Hey @ShipMyCards - have you had any issues with Steiner Sports before?

I placed an order and they cancelled it - I rang and they said they have had issues before with it being trouble to have stuff delivered so @ShipMyCards is on an auto block list now :(

https://www.steinersports.com/

Just letting you know in case you can/want to sort it out so other people can have stuff sent to you from them
I gave Steiner a call today and they said ShipMyCards isn't blocked, but they do not ship to ANY Post Office Boxes. I tried both the AZ and Oregon address and since both pull up as a Post Office they do not ship to them. Fanatics is the same way. PM me if there is a specific item you need and maybe we can work it out.

I gave Steiner a call today and they said ShipMyCards isn't blocked, but they do not ship to ANY Post Office Boxes. I tried both the AZ and Oregon address and since both pull up as a Post Office they do not ship to them. Fanatics is the same way. PM me if there is a specific item you need and maybe we can work it out.

Na it's all good I got the card another way - do you know if Steiner is like a middle-man seller/shipper? I used google images, found it at Hollywood Collectibles and bought it from there - weird!

and I just checked the order email I got from them and they are owned by Fanatics so that makes sense

Yeah my SMC shipment got held up last weekend. They did not like the low value custom declaration on the shipping doc. They wanted payment invoices, paypal receipts etc for all items.

It was a bit of back and forth as I had a fair bit of sealed wax (mainly Lorcana purchased on Target.com with vouchers I exchanged from work RnR program) accumulated over the year in trades that I couldn't produce invoices for. Same with boxes bought on the SMC store or marketplace.

It was released in the end. That was my first time dealing with ABF authorities on a SMC shipment.

Can you elaborate on what's happening. How are customs cracking down? What value did you declare at?
I am still actively shipping back with SMC and haven't had any customs issues so far. Latest parcel was last week.

Yeah i saw about your issues.

Did that get sorted? I don't think i could handle a broker ;)

Yep all sorted. FedEx contacted me and asked me for more details about shipment.

They were actually quite insistent on finding out who graded my cards and where the invoice was for that even though someone else did it.

Probably asked me that question about 3-4 times and I had the same answer which was annoying.

Ended up releasing it once I sent them a few invoices of collections I bought so I was lucky but I know some people have paid a huge amount for release.

Yeah my SMC shipment got held up last weekend. They did not like the low value custom declaration on the shipping doc. They wanted payment invoices, paypal receipts etc for all items.

It was a bit of back and forth as I had a fair bit of sealed wax (mainly Lorcana purchased on Target.com with vouchers I exchanged from work RnR program) accumulated over the year in trades that I couldn't produce invoices for. Same with boxes bought on the SMC store or marketplace.

It was released in the end. That was my first time dealing with ABF authorities on a SMC shipment.
How low are we talking?

I always declare around 500/600, but assume they're looking at the shipping rate vs the declared rate.

Yep all sorted. FedEx contacted me and asked me for more details about shipment.

They were actually quite insistent on finding out who graded my cards and where the invoice was for that even though someone else did it.

Probably asked me that question about 3-4 times and I had the same answer which was annoying.

Ended up releasing it once I sent them a few invoices of collections I bought so I was lucky but I know some people have paid a huge amount for release.

LOL i have about 150+ slabs over there accumulated over about 18 months.

I might just send back 50 graded at a time instead of the lot

I had 550 declared 800 insured like I've always had in the past. They were just interested in paypal receipts, even bank/cc statements etc.. made me think there was something bigger going on with SMC. Anyway this recent experience turned me off spending during the BF sales.

Back
Top Bottom