Sheffield Shield Bankstown Oval NSW Vs Tas

The Mad Hatter

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
Got a couple of cards signed down at Bankstown Oval.

{{sorry the pics are poor quality}}

Bollinger and Clarke were the two NSW guys I wanted. Sad to say Haddin didn't want to scribble even for the kids. Try my luck again tomorrow.

Hung about for Krejza and Ponting, but they didn't come out/down while I was there. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday. Thought I'd hit paydirt to get Krejza, started moving across with pen and card in hand and then realised it was Michael DiVenuto, LOL.

Still Copeland got a fifty (which the wags in the stands reminded Clarkey about) and Haddin a ton and Enriques with a 150*. Some huge hits. Punter got 9, LOL.

And apparently, Phil Hughes is a sook. According to a few out there. Anyway...

DSC04233.JPG

DSC04234.JPG

Well done mate,

I went yesterday and picked up a few myself. Everyone was great and happy to sign. Both Clarkey and Ricky were fantastic and signed for ages.

Hopefully you can get what you need tomorrow!

Yeah, it's been good. The sigs are a bonus. We're just up the road and I've got the two boys with me. Get to hit the ball around, watch some top class cricket, meet a few stars, etc.

I'd have all the sigs, but they haven't done cards since 2009, sigh. You don't realise how tall Hazelwood, Copeland and Bollinger are...and how fast either. Love standing at square leg watching them tear in.

Yeah it's great they are playing at a suburban ground too. Was fantastic to see Haddin get a ton, he was very emotional when he brought it up.

Agree with the statement re the cards, hopefully someone will do a set soon. I'm still trying to finish off signed sets, problem is 99% of the ones I still need are retired so a lot harder to get them......

I was going to go - but my one of my kids got crook and the other two couldn't/wouldn't go. I didn't want to turn up on my own, so missed out :(

Thinking of going to the last day. Would you believe I've NEVER been to the cricket in Australia. So I have heaps of questions ....

Is entry still free?
What's usually the setup like for autographs?
I'm guessing there is a risk of inclement weather - is it worth going anyway?

Appreciate all feedback.

Bankstown is free.

It's only a smallish ground with the spectator pavilion and the players' pavilion which is partitioned off. The players when not fielding will come and go, but some of them - Clarke, Smith, Bollinger - have come down for 30 minutes or so and done photos, signatures, etc.

There's not many people there, the queue is maybe 30 people long and you get a chat and photo or sig if you wait at the back

Bankstown is free.

It's only a smallish ground with the spectator pavilion and the players' pavilion which is partitioned off. The players when not fielding will come and go, but some of them - Clarke, Smith, Bollinger - have come down for 30 minutes or so and done photos, signatures, etc.

There's not many people there, the queue is maybe 30 people long and you get a chat and photo or sig if you wait at the back

Thanks for the info mate. I'll definitely try my best to rock up tomorrow. If anyone from OCT wants to say g'day - look for the guy who looks like this ...

http://nazimcricket.com/me.jpg

I'll be wearing a yellow Warne t-shirt and blue jeans :cool:

Had an amazing time at the cricket. Even my family, who roll their eyes everytime I mention cricket (allegedly) had a good time. It was an absolute pleasure to meet OCT's Chris and Daniel.

Daniel - thank you so much for showing me the ropes and pointing out cricketers hiding as administrators and support staff. Without your help, I wouldn't have got half the bounty I did. I owe you buddy .... seriously! :thumbsup:

No problems Naz, it was certainly an excellent day all round. It was great to meet both yourself and Chris.

I am glad I could help you out and I am so happy, you managed to get Ponting - certainly made the trip worthwhile!

Look forward to the updates on your site of all the goodies you picked up.

Chris, your young one looks like a star of the future with those pull shots and cover drives! I'm thinking both Naz and myself should have asked for a signature......

Not sure Naz, I was saying doolan as I know all the other sigs.

Perhaps Sam Rainbird who was 12th man for Tassie? He was in full player whites and was around all the time and I don't know his sig, so good chance that is who it is. Will be hard to tell for sure though as not much to reference to......

Back
Top Bottom