Select Upcoming Series Info

Rookie card

422B0154-14C1-4BD9-BC9B-77074FF13AEF.jpeg

To clarify an earlier comment I had made about a multi signature coaches card, I have since been told that this will be part of a different product called Select "Folklore" which will be out sometime in the future. A few rumours of this were floating around at a recent Melbourne show and had come from someone in the know?.

My understanding is that about 60-70 past players have been approached to sign cards in a similar style product to Greats of the Game which another manufacturer recently put out.

Interesting to see what happens...... anyone heard anything else?

Funny how Select Future Force was born from someone else's Draft Prospects idea, and here we go again with this so called Folklore just an AFL certified copy of GOTG. Makes you wonder, would Select have ever made these products if it wasn't for the others thinking of them first.
I liked the 2016 rookie cards more than last years, these I'm not too sure about yet. Will wait until i see one for myself. This series does appear to have a nice gloss finish though which I'm loving the look of so far.

Last edited:
Yes those 1994 commons were an impressive design however as FAIC, due to the era of insets insets and insets, collectors generally will have no sentimentality about the commons irrespective of how they will look like - that will also make those 94 common ones hold some little value in near future if that's the case

Are we all feeling next to certain that no MW Guernsey concept will be in this upcoming release? Just thought it could have been possible for Gold Coast and GWS collectors somehow or the other

I'm guessing one for each team. If so.......

Adelaide: Fogarty
Brisbane :Rayner
Carlton :Dow
Collingwood: Stevenson
Essendon: Houlahan
Fremantle: Brayshaw
Geelong: Fogarty
Gold Coast: Powell
GWS: Bonar
Hawthorn: Worpel
Kangaroos: Davies Uniacke
Melbourne: Spargo
Port Adelaide: Hayes
Richmond: Higgins
St Kilda: Clark
Sydney: Ling
West Coast: Brander
Western Bulldogs: Naughton

hi guys
i know select in the past have released a rookie signature card for the same player in future force and in the series 2 release along with a unsigned rookie card in series 1.
hence the above card is called a "draft pick signature" card not a rookie card.
here is my question.............drum roll please. lol

Is a players "rookie card" the first card released by any company whether it be signed or not? ie the famous gary ablett ardmona rookie card.
If so, for example, which of these cards is his rookie card?

we.jpg
wer.jpg
was.jpg
wq.jpg
wed.jpg
wsx.jpg
ws.jpg

Is a players "rookie card" the first card released by any company whether it be signed or not? ie the famous gary ablett ardmona rookie card.
If so, for example, which of these cards is his rookie card?
The first card released by each company.

If there are multiple of the same player within the release, such as Wines above, the highest grade card is generally regarded as the rookie.

With the Draft Signature back and as they are 1 per team, im guessing they are limited to around 180 and does that mean Certified Signature will be 1 per team limited to around the same as well.

Called Select Legacy

Certified/Legacy Signatures (like the one seen) #/180 each

Draft Pick (Legacy) Signatures #/180 each
With the Draft Signature back and as they are 1 per team, im guessing they are limited to around 180 and does that mean Certified Signature will be 1 per team limited to around the same as well.
And hard to get! "Well below 200" was the quote on the preview video.

As per my comment quoted from Jun 4th...... limited to 180 each.

Quotes from Beckett and Wikipedia below.

It is generally agreed that to be a true rookie card, the card must be numbered as part of a product's base set. Thus, insert cards of any type are generally not considered to be rookie cards.

A rookie card is a trading card that is the first to feature an athlete after that athlete has participated in the highest level of competition within his or her sport.

Debate within the hobby exists, as some believe that an athlete's first appearance on any trading card qualifies as his rookie card. Others believe that a rookie card is the first licensed issue from a major manufacturer that is widely distributed. There can be more than one rookie card for a player.

Interesting .......................... not sure whether this helped me or not. :)

Back
Top Bottom