Select Optimum 2021

I must say, at least the parallels were ok

20210915_100600.jpg

20210915_100629.jpg
20210915_100207.jpg
Wow I had basically the same box apart from one of the dps is different but every single other card was the same.
Weird

I just can’t get over the fact that almost every draft pick signatures signature is scratched. Seeing such a nice looking card with a tainted sig on it is just so hard to look at for me. And is it just me or are the signatures themselves the worst they’ve ever been in terms of the way they’ve been signed?

Last edited:
I just can’t get over the fact that almost every draft pick signatures signature is scratched. Seeing such a nice looking card with a tainted sig on it is just so hard to look at for me

Yep this is a major disappointment, quite a few of mine are in poor shape. I wonder if thats why many redemption cards are out there for players that had signed their cards, too many were unusable and need redoing? The redemption cards state 6 months for fulfilment so assume they need reprinting then re-signing

On the ones that aren’t scratched the finish looks awesome, but too many are substandard

Yep this is a major disappointment, quite a few of mine are in poor shape. I wonder if thats why many redemption cards are out there for players that had signed their cards, too many were unusable and need redoing? The redemption cards state 6 months for fulfilment so assume they need reprinting then re-signing

On the ones that aren’t scratched the finish looks awesome, but too many are substandard
That is true. It could possibly be due to them not having access to the player maybe because of covid reasons, which is what they did with brilliance last year. but wouldn’t be surprised if some of them were just too damaged to put through packs

I opened one box and the Signatures were ok luckily. It maybe time for sticker autographs to rear their ugly head but maybe necessary for the in pack cards.
It would stop the issue of players placing freshly signed cards on top of each other.

The Gold Headliners look absolutely amazing. Like freaking amazing. I have two boxes and was tossing up which one to open and lucky I chose the one I did. I pulled the Franklin Gold Headliners Jumper Number. I can’t pick my jaw up from the floor!
That's amazing congratulations, you still shaking from that I know I would be.

I opened one box and the Signatures were ok luckily. It maybe time for sticker autographs to rear their ugly head but maybe necessary for the in pack cards.
It would stop the issue of players placing freshly signed cards on top of each other.

No way should sticker autos be a thing, I don’t think the problem is the players putting the cards on them as the sigs aren’t smudged they are more scratched, which suggests that the texta just doesn’t stick to the metallic finish and any contact removes the signature, I have never seen this as a problem in previous releases

No way should sticker autos be a thing, I don’t think the problem is the players putting the cards on them as the sigs aren’t smudged they are more scratched, which suggests that the texta just doesn’t stick to the metallic finish and any contact removes the signature, I have never seen this as a problem in previous releases

Could be a combination of a few things. Card surface/finish, texta used and signatures not being allowed to dry in time. Hopefully Select come out shortly and let everyone know how they will be fixing/replacing faulty sigs. I really want my Rioli Jnr card replaced.

100% agree..say no to sticker autos!

Issues with signatures usually comes down to a couple of points:

- Finish of the Cards - these DP look to have a different laminate finish on them than normal which could contribute to the signatures streaking/bubbling etc.
- Pens
- The players rushing signing the cards or placing them on top of the previous card they signed too quickly, before the ink has dried and smudging them
- Not having a representative there to conduct the signings - with Covid this is a huge challenge as you are sending cards to players/managers to facilitate the signings.

I don't mind the design of the Draft Picks cards, I think they look nice but to me its clear the laminate finish used on the cards is what the issue is here.

So this means the signatures are getting scratched in the packs themselves? Because surely Select would not place in the packs already like this and stop calling me Shirley .

So this means the signatures are getting scratched in the packs themselves? Because surely Select would not place in the packs already like this and stop calling me Shirley .

Could be as the cards are loaded into the packs, via machine I believe. I would say the card finish combined with texta used while looking great is a major factor in why there is smudging and scratches.

Issues with signatures usually comes down to a couple of points:

- Finish of the Cards - these DP look to have a different laminate finish on them than normal which could contribute to the signatures streaking/bubbling

I would be very surprised if it's the fact it's a gloss laminate finish. I just had somebody sign 50 cards, gloss laminate finish, left them to dry and not one customer has complained about any type of smudging or damage. Then again, there are different types of gloss laminate finishes, but I'm yet to see that be the case in my jobs.

Back
Top Bottom