Select Optimum 2021

Anyone tried to make a prediction of an expected box break down? Here's my attempt

580 – 3 x Gold
1115 - 1 x platinum 1 x gold
1245 – 1 x platinum 1x bronze
720 – 1 x influential 2 x bronze
250 – 1 x medal 2 x bronze
1430 – 1 x AA 2 x bronze
2160 – Optimum mirror 1 x bronze 1 x gold
900 – optimum Signature 2 x bronze

+ 25 bronze- left over

Optimum Signatures - So there's a dual signature with Nic Nat & Cousins??? Or am I reading this wrong?? TIA

Can I ask why some members are so bummed about not getting a full set of base cards from a box of Optimum? Genuinely curious because I do enjoy putting a base set together now and then, but in no way have I ever thought 'this product sucks because I only get 165/180 base cards'. Obviously all collectors are different, but this product is clearly not a 'base card' product and the value it looks like most boxes will have could be the best Select has ever had

Can I ask why some members are so bummed about not getting a full set of base cards from a box of Optimum? Genuinely curious because I do enjoy putting a base set together now and then, but in no way have I ever thought 'this product sucks because I only get 165/180 base cards'. Obviously all collectors are different, but this product is clearly not a 'base card' product and the value it looks like most boxes will have could be the best Select has ever had
I would guess a father would want to put a base set aside for his son in the same way previous generations set aside stamps and coins.
Not everyone has an ebay account I suppose or participation in afl forums so they take longer to get it assembled.
Admittedly Optimum has the bones of a great value release besides this so agree there too.

Terrible to see Select are cancelling orders on the mere assumption that it's a bot account.

A lot of genuine collectors having their orders cancelled.

Dominance sold for $550, this has significantly more value than the last two series 2 releases, I also doubt breakers are some reason.
You doubt the breakers are the reason the price has gone up? Out of interest Who do you think is buying the boxes.

I completely agree thats its long term value is debatable and who knows what will happe and as you say it may rise.

But one thing is for sure and that is that 90% of box sales on ebay are going to breakers.

Love breaks or hate breaks (i dont hate them or particularily like them for what its worth) but they are the main driver of box resale and market growth

Breakers will buy boxes at whatever price it is that they feel they can sell their break spots amd still make profit. If they arent selling break spots they will drop down the price and therefore they wont spend as much on boxes. This will mean collectora dont have to spend as much on boxes.

So its a chain effect and we are all factors. But ultimately breakers decide the value of boxes

For the past however many years i have always purchased series 2 and you were guaranteed you the base set. So I am not sure why the change. As just a hobby collect I prefer to have the whole set. It will be costly either purchasing card by card or having to buy team sets. If Select wanted to reduce packet numbers then they could have reduced the number of base cards per team

I barely can scrap together enough money for 2 boxes I need to resell the cards I bust to make it possible, so I enjoy targeting more manageable sets. For me thats the full common set with the yearly folder and each years AA team (boned on that one) and then collecting the odd Hawthorn card.

I don't see the point in a box not holding a full set of commons since they're not chase cards and the vast majority get thrown out but for people that do enjoy completing a set it's just a pain to collect the last few cards of essentially a meaningless set

You doubt the breakers are the reason the price has gone up? Out of interest Who do you think is buying the boxes.

I completely agree thats its long term value is debatable and who knows what will happe and as you say it may rise.

But one thing is for sure and that is that 90% of box sales on ebay are going to breakers.

Love breaks or hate breaks (i dont hate them or particularily like them for what its worth) but they are the main driver of box resale and market growth
They no doubt play a part but people buying boxes on the cuff have driven the price as well, hobby is growing and people love cracking boxes even if it will lose them money, it's like the stock market common sense isn't the sole driver of price.

I barely can scrap together enough money for 2 boxes I need to resell the cards I bust to make it possible, so I enjoy targeting more manageable sets. For me thats the full common set with the yearly folder and each years AA team (boned on that one) and then collecting the odd Hawthorn card.

I don't see the point in a box not holding a full set of commons since they're not chase cards and the vast majority get thrown out but for people that do enjoy completing a set it's just a pain to collect the last few cards of essentially a meaningless set
excellent comments and I agree entirely

How do you know this? Pretty sure they would not cancel and order without good reason!

Examples please……

There have been a couple mention their orders have been cancelled on RGV. Not sure on the whole story with each individual case but seem legit, and when they message Select they don't seem to get a fair response, pretty much just a suck it up and move on.

There have been a couple mention their orders have been cancelled on RGV. Not sure on the whole story with each individual case but seem legit, and when they message Select they don't seem to get a fair response, pretty much just a suck it up and move on.
I have seen similar posts as well.

At least someone got a good result here.

A33E9034-F0A0-46D0-A6C4-6A3AF6C56FA0.png

Vern got lucky, but interesting to see they are monitoring ebay accounts!

I wonder how accurate that information is. Good news if true (unless you get Verned)

Totally fair enough! My point of view that even if you can't finish a full base set, it wouldn't be too expensive to get the base you need. But buying the cards you need on top of a box could be pricey so I do get it

Back
Top Bottom