Select Optimum 2021

No sign of any female cards in this one, which is a little disappointing.

Or could that mean Select have something up their sleeves for a female set approaching?

So there are 17,405 Rookie Draft signature cards available, that is going to test out the resale pricing market. What was the previous highest count for a series?

One of thing I must say about this release is, I believe waiting til later in the year to come across the entire run down in one stream has really paid off!

In other words I'd rather wait for many weeks longer for all inserts to be revealed at once instead of cards being available for purchase earlier in the year and having to endure those dragging out preview streams one by one, least exciting cards to begin with and it simply doesn't pay off

Last edited:
One of thing I must say about this release is, I believe waiting til later in the year to come across the entire run down in one stream has really paid off!

In other words I'd rather wait for many weeks longer for all inserts to be revealed at once instead of cards being available for purchase earlier in the year and having to endure those dragging out preview streams one by one, least exciting cards to begin with and it simply doesn't pay off

I agree, I much preferred that reveal……

might have to go watch it again.

Few of my quick thoughts. I don't mind paying more if value is there, so at $315 per box I think that meets the market and is good value. No dud boxes I believe, a case hit or extra DPS. I do love Influentials but as we saw them last year I would have liked another round of Footy's Finest. Happy to have medal cards numbers finally, but extremely short print runs of /50 and /65 for an All Aust card is a bit too short I think. Personally I liked a set of AA's in with my base set, not anymore. So I have to adjust how I previously collected these. Maybe Medals at /120 and AA's at /240 would have been better. Love the look of the Headliners, cant wait to try and track down a Worpel one of these. Probably too many draft pick sigs, so for example I collect Hawks so that's 9 sigs in total. Love the concept of the dual sigs with past and present players who share the same jumper number, gonna be some massive cards in there. Reiwoldt/King, Mitchell/Worpel and Naitanui/Cousins just to name a few, all mega massive cards. Love the finish Select have gone with, very glossy. And no damage issues with those protective peel covers.
So please don't have a go at my opinions, I know not everyone will agree and that's totally fine. One thing is for sure, no one can complain this set isn't loaded with numbered hits.

Anyone know if case cards mentioned at all for this release. Is the 300 Game case card a thing of the past ?

No mention, I'd say they are having a rest for a bit. As no cases are sold anymore I'd love to see the concept continue every few years with update cards inserted in packs just as a normal hit, maybe keep them at one per case. I'd hate to see them dropped completely. I'm sure they'll be back just like the Premiership Commemoratives last year making a return.

Few of my quick thoughts. I don't mind paying more if value is there, so at $315 per box I think that meets the market and is good value. No dud boxes I believe, a case hit or extra DPS. I do love Influentials but as we saw them last year I would have liked another round of Footy's Finest. Happy to have medal cards numbers finally, but extremely short print runs of /50 and /65 for an All Aust card is a bit too short I think. Personally I liked a set of AA's in with my base set, not anymore. So I have to adjust how I previously collected these. Maybe Medals at /120 and AA's at /240 would have been better. Love the look of the Headliners, cant wait to try and track down a Worpel one of these. Probably too many draft pick sigs, so for example I collect Hawks so that's 9 sigs in total. Love the concept of the dual sigs with past and present players who share the same jumper number, gonna be some massive cards in there. Reiwoldt/King, Mitchell/Worpel and Naitanui/Cousins just to name a few, all mega massive cards. Love the finish Select have gone with, very glossy. And no damage issues with those protective peel covers.
So please don't have a go at my opinions, I know not everyone will agree and that's totally fine. One thing is for sure, no one can complain this set isn't loaded with numbered hits.

This is pretty close to my thoughts, I would like to see more AA cards to fill the packets with no other inserts so there are no empty packets.

This is pretty close to my thoughts, I would like to see more AA cards to fill the packets with no other inserts so there are no empty packets.
I love collecting AA sets, I think if theyre going to have such a low print run there should be a two version of the AA cards numbered and non numbered prints.

Anyone know the break down expectations per box?

great write up and thoughts mate
as a richmond AA collector, the Dusty at #65 is now going to be a $$ card, instead of being less then $5...numbered far to low for a every year staple insert.

Back
Top Bottom