Saints have a Ruckman ThankGod

well the Sainters got a ruckman that warrants a "thank god"

it is Michael Gardiner, dont know if Gardiner coming to Saint Kilda area, with its plentiful night life, warrants a "thank god", more a "oh god, not again"

new coach Ross Lyon has been quoted saying he believes every 22 needs at least one true ruckman, gardiner is a true ruckman, and a talented one at that, so it will be interesting if he pulls his head in, especially after missing the chance to win a Premiership medal this year, only to be traded/signed to a team that has a realistic chance next year, he could very well be the difference to the saints making the finals and making the grand final.

It will be very interesting to see this play out, very interesting indeed.

WOOOT!!! i was hoping we'd sign him or spida, im glad we got and i think he can turn it around, and Lyon seems like the type of coach that takes no crap, so if he acts up, hes playing VFL

nice title :lol:
i reckon he'll go alright with the sainters and improve their chances immediately, so good luck Gardy! also, thanks for helping to motivate Cox into becoming the big time player he is today.

Sainters will look 100% bettter with a quality ruckman.

Cant wait for next season to begin

This is our year

We were close last year playing without (for the most part) Hayes, Clarke x 2, Hammill, Koschitzke, Maguire

add Gardiner to the mix

its our year!

Yeah i can see it all now even smell it.
Best move we have made in a long time New coach New Approach.

Sorry to break it to you Saints fans but the age of your players is to the point that you'll have a generation gap which is huge shortly. This will be the last year if thats even applicable because of a new coach etc etc. that the Saints will even be a remote chance of finals action. Until this football club realises that Ron Butterrs is the problem, St Kilda will NEVER win another grand final, and thats a fact. Stan Alves, Malcolm Blight and now Grant Thomas have all been sacked whilst Butterrs has been around.

Anyway for the Saints fans I hope they delist Cain Ackland for ya's. Just kills me the fact that this retard is still playing. Michael Gardiner has some huge skills when his mindset is correct so hopefully they can straighten him out. I used to love Gardiner vs Steven King or Matthew Primus ruck battles when they were in their prime.

yeah, i dont get the feeling a new coach and a washed up ruck man are going to bring the cup to St Kilda, theres something wrong within the playing group which has to be sorted out before they can properly utilise the immense amount of talent theyve got.

Washed up....??? Are you serious hes still young for a ruckman. they are the last to reach there full maturity. I agree Butters is a complete knob but he bring in good money. But unfortunatly that mean NO PREMIERSHIP. I think we still have a window of 2 years but if we cannot get one in the next 2 goodbye to the saints for another 30 years.

i think the saints have done the right thing by picking up Gardner, imo if any teams wants to be a GF contender they need a good ruckman, you guys must be happy Thomas was sacked cause if he was still there i doubt they would have gone for Gardner.

nice title :lol:
i reckon he'll go alright with the sainters and improve their chances immediately, so good luck Gardy! also, thanks for helping to motivate Cox into becoming the big time player he is today.

Well said Justin :D

Good luck Gardy & Well done Saints, you got a Very Good Ruckman !

Back
Top Bottom