Richo's "Cricket" Mail Day

Richo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
Richo75
OK Guys, some of you would know I recently spent my hard earnt $$$ from the sale of my Sam Mitchell Captain Signature Card but some of you don't! - So here is what I got :worthy:

1996 Futera Heritage 60 Card Set & Folder
16522d1250748985t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-1.jpg

This is set numbered 233/500 and includes 58 cards hand signed (and certified by Futera Pty Ltd) by the oldest living Test cricketers at the time of production (card #1 is a header card and Keith Miller refused to sign).

19 of the autographs are from players who have passed away (Sir Don Bradman, Bill Brown, Ernie Toshack, Fred Freer, Geff Noblet, Jack Moroney, Ian Johnson, Bill Johnston, Doug Ring, Ken Meuleman, George Tribe, Ray Lindwall, Jim de Courcy, Ron Archer, Neil Hawke, Peter Burge, Barry Shepherd, Pat Crawford & Norm O'Neill).

Probably 100+ have been broken up and sold separately so I don't know how many are out there as full sets but it is understandable that they were broken up when there are names like these in the Set:
Sir Donald Bradman
Bill Brown
Keith Miller (Refused to sign)
Ray Lindwall
Arthur Morris
Neil Harvey
Alan Davidson
Richie Benaud
Brian Booth
Ian Craig
Ian I bowl like Murali Meckiff
Bob Simpson
Bill Lawry
Norm O'Neill
Keith Stackpole
Graham McKenzie

Anyways here are the pics (Courtesy of Brad) - Enjoy!

16523d1250748985t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-10.jpg

Sir Donald Bradman

16524d1250748985t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-2.jpg

Title Card, Sir Donald Bradman, Bill Brown, Ern Toshack, Fred Freer, Ron Hamence, Geff Noblet, Jack Moroney & Ian Johnson.

16525d1250748985t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-3.jpg

Doug Ring, Keith Miller, George Tribe, Ray Lindwall, Sam Loxton, Bill Johnston, Arthur Morris, Ken Meuleman & Len Maddocks.

16526d1250749201t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-4.jpg

George Thoms, Jimmy DeCourey, Ken Archer, Neil Harvey, Colin McDonald, Alan Davidson, John Rutherford, Richie Benaud & Bill Watson.

16527d1250749201t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-5.jpg

Peter Burge, Gavin Stevens, Pat Crawford, Ron Archer, Brian Booth, Ron Gaunt, Des Hoare, Lindsay Kiline & Peter Phillpott.

16528d1250749201t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-6.jpg

Peter Allan, Ian Craig, Ken Eastwood, Ian Meckiff, Keith Slater, Barry Jarman, Bob Simpson, Colin Guest & Bill Lawry.

16529d1250749201t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-7.jpg

Norm O'Neill, Tom Veivers, John Gleeson, Frank Misson, Gordon Rorke, Barry Shepherd, Graeme Thomas, Allan Connolly & Neil Hawke.

16530d1250749393t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-8.jpg

Rober Cowper, Rex Sellers, Keith Stackpole, Brian Taber, Grahame Corling & Graham McKenzie.

These cards are just BRILLIANT in hand and I am over-the-moon with my purchase, hope you like them as much as I do because it is a FEAST of All-Time GREAT Cricketing LEGEND Signatures!

Re: Richo's Mail Day #8

r they authentic autograph's???

They most certainly are, the "Booklet" that comes with them contains a "Pledge of Authenticity" from Futera Pty Ltd

It states:
This set is one of 500 numbered sets produced for distribution to the general public.
It is hereby certified that the signatures ofthe players in the series have been personally signed by those players, under a programme supervised by Futera.

This booklet should be retained with your collection at all times to endorse it's authenticity.

Great stuff Richo, glad you are happy with them, the pics certainly don't do the set justice.....I might need to take that photography course at TAFE after all!!

When you consider you got good change out of the sale of the Sam Mitchell sig for the purchase of this set it seems crazy. Either AFL cards are overpriced or cricket is massively underpriced. I think it might be both.

I suppose the introduction of foil signature cards may make people think twice now when they see autographed cards but it is clear as day in-hand that these are the real deal.

Nice work!!

:thumbsup:
Great stuff Richo, glad you are happy with them, the pics certainly don't do the set justice.....I might need to take that photography course at TAFE after all!!

When you consider you got good change out of the sale of the Sam Mitchell sig for the purchase of this set it seems crazy. Either AFL cards are overpriced or cricket is massively underpriced. I think it might be both.

I suppose the introduction of foil signature cards may make people think twice now when they see autographed cards but it is clear as day in-hand that these are the real deal.

Nice work!!

That is how I look at it too Brad......1 Captain Sig who played for Hawthorn compared to 60 Sigs of players who played for their Country! I know what I'd prefer....that said, those Captain Signature Sets are VERY nice!

Thanks again for the Sale.......They're Awesome!
(One thing I had overlooked was that Richie Benaud's Signature was in the set.......that was a SWEET find!)

Thanks for all the comments guys :thumbsup:

Richo, that set is THE landmark set for Cricket Collectors. That is an awesome pick up for the price!

Cheers
Matt

Cheers!

Just gotta get my hands on the Lilliee / Marsh Auto now :D

Good luck with that mate:v:

Still can't believe that one singular solitary AFL card paid for this set with change!

I think in the long term this set will surely be worth a lot more :)

I don't even know who Sam Mitchell is?!?! :lol:

Good luck with that mate:v:

Still can't believe that one singular solitary AFL card paid for this set with change!

Actually neither can I.......any chance of a refund Richo??? :p

I guess it just comes down to whatever floats your boat! After all that is why we all collect in the first place. Sometimes we need to stop thinking about the next purchase and take the time to enjoy what we already have rather than worrying about what is next on the PC list... :thumbsup:

I guess it just comes down to whatever floats your boat! After all that is why we all collect in the first place. Sometimes we need to stop thinking about the next purchase and take the time to enjoy what we already have rather than worrying about what is next on the PC list... :thumbsup:

The Captain Signatures are VERY popular and VERY limited but unless I pulled a Ben Cousins one (I collect WCE cards) I would NEVER buy one at the prices they go for. There is obviously a bigger market for AFL otherwise these very limited signature cards would not go for so much.

I too can't believe my Captain Signature card paid for this whole set with a good chunk of change but I also can't believe I pulled one so Credit to GoMoto for organising the Case Share :D

I won't ever sell this set - Thanks for all the great comments guys......If I wasn't already convinced this was a good purchase I certainly am now!

(The fact is that I was already convinced lol)

Ooopsss! Sorry was that a trade Brad?

*clears his throat, bites his tongue :p:lol:*

The Captain Signatures are VERY popular and VERY limited but unless I pulled a Ben Cousins one (I collect WCE cards) I would NEVER buy one at the prices they go for. There is obviously a bigger market for AFL otherwise these very limited signature cards would not go for so much.
I too can't believe my Captain Signature card paid for this whole set with a good chunk of change

I am beginning to understand that a little little bit. But a complete signed set of cards including the invincibles. These blokes travelled by slowboat in wretched conditions, smashed the Poms on their turf on uncovered pitches and achieved feats that will never be replicated... And then there is all the others in the set? Anyway I won't go on anymore :lol: So what's Sam Mitchell done?

Awesome set of cards, very envious :D having 2 makes me even more so!

Back
Top Bottom