Rate the last movie you watched

Cannon films #3... THE DELTA FORCE straight out of the 80's comes this chuck Norris classic... back when action films were fun and non-pc. good guy (usa Norris) v's bad guy (non-American/middle eastern) a passenger plane gets hijacked and its up to chuck and a very old looking lee Marvin to kick some terrorist ass. Some awesome Norris one liners and action scenes, motorbikes with missiles the list goes on... surprisingly director Menahem Golan does a pretty good job with this. awesome late night b-grade fun...****4 cheesy stars

Cannon films #4... had to follow it up with DELTA FORCE-2 this one had chuck doing what chuck does just with a light weight script. The film had the cool as Billy Drago (awesome b grade star) and was more or less the same as #1 just replacing middle eastern terrorists with a south American drug cartel. Not bad, but not as good or fun as d force #1. Still has its cool action moments ** 2 stars

Cannon films #4... had to follow it up with DELTA FORCE-2 this one had chuck doing what chuck does just with a light weight script. The film had the cool as Billy Drago (awesome b grade star) and was more or less the same as #1 just replacing middle eastern terrorists with a south American drug cartel. Not bad, but not as good or fun as d force #1. Still has its cool action moments ** 2 stars
Love those old flicks, recently did all the old Chuck movies myself. Gotta check out The Octagon if you haven't already ;)
And a more modern Ninja one to check out, Ninja Assassin, has Sho Kosugi.

Cannon films #5... straight out of 85' comes AMERICAN NINJA starring the cool Michael Dudikoff. cannon loved pumping out these cheap yet hugely popular ninja films through the 80's (and made some cult classic at the same time) -anyone who grew up in the 80's and spent to much time in a video rental store will attest to this!
Dudikoff is a U.S army recruit trained in martial arts posted in the Philippines, the opening scene is kick ass as his unit is attacked and killed by a band of killer ninjas. Dudikoff was going to be a huge star for cannon being a lot younger then there staples of Norris/Bronson (alas this never occurred) Its a fun ride of a film,packed with action and bad acting. cult 80's classic *** stars

Cannon films #6... YOUNG WARRIORS cult vhs youth film. A young woman is violently murdered, sparking her brother and his group to avenge and spark a wave of vigilante justice on all wrong does. Not to bad as a film, good violence with a similar feel to the death wish series (just no where near as good) still has its moments **stars

Cannon films...hold up! (cannon did 2-5 but not the original)... DEATH WISH - I was bought up on this gritty classic.. Charles Bronson in all his glory. the original vigilante/revenge series. I just love the look and feel of this film, A group of punks attack a wife and daughter at home, which sparks Paul kersey (Bronson) into a one man angry orgy of revenge against the punks and the system.. still holds up after all these years, Charles Bronson rules the screen... 5***** classic.

Cannon films #7...DEATH WISH 2 - out in 82' (this was 8 years after the release of part 1). set in L.A this time, the visual assualt's were turned up to the hilt. Same deal, Bronson's daughter is kidnapped and murdered by a gang of punks (with a young Laurence Fishburne) setting of the vigilante/revenge theme. The scenes of Bronson searching the mean street are cool, dirty, gritty and pure 80's. The ending seems to have been written in around 5 mins and tacked on, yet still matches the film like a glove.
great follow up to the original if u enjoy films of this nature.....4****

Cannon films...hold up! (cannon did 2-5 but not the original)... DEATH WISH - I was bought up on this gritty classic.. Charles Bronson in all his glory. the original vigilante/revenge series. I just love the look and feel of this film, A group of punks attack a wife and daughter at home, which sparks Paul kersey (Bronson) into a one man angry orgy of revenge against the punks and the system.. still holds up after all these years, Charles Bronson rules the screen... 5***** classic.
Have you seen Bronson in a movie called Hard Times.I think the original title was The Streetfighter.Worth a watch.☺

Have you seen Bronson in a movie called Hard Times.I think the original title was The Streetfighter.Worth a watch.☺
bareknuckle boxing/fighter film from the 70's, right... I have but a long time ago.
I'm more locked into a warped 80's B- grade/cheesy period of bad "yet good" films
Bronson and Norris...just cant get enough of them.

Cannon films...8 - In a world of b-grade fun at the very top of a huge mountain will be a film called DEATH WISH 3. One of the campiest/action packed/wtf movies ever made (and that's saying a lot for the 80's) this is a full on ride into fun. A ruthless gang terrorises a neighbourhood and its up to Bronson to come in and clean up the mess. from there every thing is just throw into a blender and put on screen. * This is the film when the series took a definitive turn from being revenge/ vigilante to "no message..lets just blow things up" Its a laugh a minute fun, violent, late night b-grade master piece... love it 5*****

bareknuckle boxing/fighter film from the 70's, right... I have but a long time ago.
I'm more locked into a warped 80's B- grade/cheesy period of bad "yet good" films
Bronson and Norris...just cant get enough of them.
some recommendations:
lone wolf mcquade - norris plays a texas ranger who goes by his own rules...for a change.
they live! - rowdy roddy piper is a dude with special glasses that can penetrate the subliminal messaging plastered everywhere. great movie with one of the most ridiculous fight scenes in 80s action film. written by john carpenter.
escape from absolom - ray liotta gets sent to an island prison were the prisoners are left to themselves and have split into two warring groups. a real hidden gem this one. also known as 'no escape'.
the running man - sooooo many great arnie one-liners in this. if you read, i would recommend the stephen king short story that this was named after. its very short (150 pages maybe). ive never seen a movie so different to a book. literally the only similarities are the character's name and that there's a show titled 'the runnung man'. if ever a movie needed a remake this is it, because the book is awesome.
predator - included just in case you somehow havent seen it.
escape from new york - snake plissken goes into new york (which is now a prison), to save the president who crash landed in manhattan.
over the top - sly arm wrestling epic.
best of the best II - dont worry if you havent seen part 1...youll catch up quick enough.
highlander - even christopher lambert's dodgy acting couldnt stop this being great.
big trouble in little china - kurt russell plays a trucker who gets mixed up with an ancient chinese ceremony to lift a curse. another john carpenter classic.
bloodsport - my favorite JCVD film growing up. an evil fighter breaks frank's new best friends back in an underground fighting tournament so he vows revenge.
cyborg - JCVD on the run in a post-apocalyptic future.
planet of the apes - absolute classic. charlton heston lands on...you know the story.
commando - more classic arnie, before his movies had a budget to work with.
the golden child - eddie murphy goes to tibet and back to try and save 'the golden child.' classic 80s eddie.
mad max III - not really a fan of the series, but this one was alright.

these are a bit more popular with higher production values, but im not sure where your starting point is:
robocop - violent and funny. great combo.
total recall - easily arnies best film. from the same director as robocop.
demolition man - sly gets thawed out from cryogenic prison to hunt down his former adversary wesley snipes.

if youre ready to go down another level of absurd characters, nonsensical plots and dodgy acting i would highly recommend 'troll 2', 'poultry-geist', 'toxic avenger' or 'the room'.

Last edited:
becky - 6/10. fell short for me. some cool kills, and kevin james as a child killing, neo-nazi wasnt even the issue. something just didnt work.
the wrong missy - 6/10. not bad actually. the crazy chick does well and spade is his usual self.
seinfeld: 23 hours to kill - 7/10. he's still got it, but it felt different. maybe more hit and miss than usual?
fantasy island - 6/10. dont really remember the show well, so cant say how close it is, but it was an alright movie.

becky - 6/10. fell short for me. some cool kills, and kevin james as a child killing, neo-nazi wasnt even the issue. something just didnt work.
the wrong missy - 6/10. not bad actually. the crazy chick does well and spade is his usual self.
seinfeld: 23 hours to kill - 7/10. he's still got it, but it felt different. maybe more hit and miss than usual?
fantasy island - 6/10. dont really remember the show well, so cant say how close it is, but it was an alright movie.
I watched The Wrong Missy also.As you said,not bad at all.😆

saw the wrong missy aswell - not to bad 6/10

Last edited:
some recommendations:
lone wolf mcquade - norris plays a texas ranger who goes by his own rules...for a change.
they live! - rowdy roddy piper is a dude with special glasses that can penetrate the subliminal messaging plastered everywhere. great movie with one of the most ridiculous fight scenes in 80s action film. written by john carpenter.
escape from absolom - ray liotta gets sent to an island prison were the prisoners are left to themselves and have split into two warring groups. a real hidden gem this one. also known as 'no escape'.
the running man - sooooo many great arnie one-liners in this. if you read, i would recommend the stephen king short story that this was named after. its very short (150 pages maybe). ive never seen a movie so different to a book. literally the only similarities are the character's name and that there's a show titled 'the runnung man'. if ever a movie needed a remake this is it, because the book is awesome.
predator - included just in case you somehow havent seen it.
escape from new york - snake plissken goes into new york (which is now a prison), to save the president who crash landed in manhattan.
over the top - sly arm wrestling epic.
best of the best II - dont worry if you havent seen part 1...youll catch up quick enough.
highlander - even christopher lambert's dodgy acting couldnt stop this being great.
big trouble in little china - kurt russell plays a trucker who gets mixed up with an ancient chinese ceremony to lift a curse. another john carpenter classic.
bloodsport - my favorite JCVD film growing up. an evil fighter breaks frank's new best friends back in an underground fighting tournament so he vows revenge.
cyborg - JCVD on the run in a post-apocalyptic future.
planet of the apes - absolute classic. charlton heston lands on...you know the story.
commando - more classic arnie, before his movies had a budget to work with.
the golden child - eddie murphy goes to tibet and back to try and save 'the golden child.' classic 80s eddie.
mad max III - not really a fan of the series, but this one was alright.

these are a bit more popular with higher production values, but im not sure where your starting point is:
robocop - violent and funny. great combo.
total recall - easily arnies best film. from the same director as robocop.
demolition man - sly gets thawed out from cryogenic prison to hunt down his former adversary wesley snipes.

if youre ready to go down another level of absurd characters, nonsensical plots and dodgy acting i would highly recommend 'troll 2' or 'the room'.
sick list..will go through and break down
thanks for posting

LOVE IT / CLASSIC / CULT
lone wolf / they live / predator *****cult classic / escape from n.y / over the top / big trouble in little china / blood sport:thumbsup: / cyborg /
commando (love it) / Robocop (classic) / total recall / troll - series

SEEN IT
the running man / highlander / planet of the apes / the golden child / mad max 3

NEVER SEEN
escape from absolom / best of the best 2 ...will watch out for these! (great list mate...some awesome classics=D>

Back
Top Bottom