Rate the last movie you watched

IMG_5670.jpeg

Aquaman and all that other shit - 6/10

DC and Marvel have really lost the plot of late, or is that just me.
They really got the cake and somehow manage to fk it up.
This movie had so much promise and they went with the tried and true fail.
I enjoyed the first but this ... not feeling it at all.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9663764/

Operation Mincemeat

I like historical movies especially those that are set in a period of war. This deals with a 'deception' by British intelligence to throw off the Nazis from thinking the Allies would land in Sicily to start their campaign in Europe in June 1943.

They try to make the Germans think that they will land in Greece and go up through the Balkans. I'd never heard of the story and the plot is awesome - if you like that sort of thing.

I love horror style movies( conjuring universe, etc) but for some reason I had never watched Prom Night. I love Halloween, Friday the 13th and most of the stuff from the late 70's early 80's but Prom Night( 1980 with Jamie Lee Curtis) was an absolute Barry Crocker. I was amused by how bad it was.

The disco music at the actual Prom Night was out of control and the killing scenes comical. I also failed to guess who the murderer was because it was confusing as to who was who.

A true "B" grade horror. More like Z grade. I might have to watch it again for a laugh. The disco music was nuts

DUNE Part Two - 9/10

Just got back from Gold Class, what an epic rendering of Frank Herbert's tale this is proving to be.
The sheer scale of what they have presented is truly epic and a stellar cast to boot. Christopher Walken as the Emperor was a classic.
Where the Part One was a little slow in presenting the story and the players, this was action stations all the way.
Highly recommend!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15239678/

GREENLAND (Netflix)
pretty decent disaster/world ending flick, kept me watching till the end, even when the ending is a bit fluff... 6.5/10*

followed by a multiple watched already rewatch of PLATOON (1986 classic) oliver stone killed it with this war classic, great acting and still to this day holds up with power .... awesome 9/10*

GREENLAND (Netflix)
pretty decent disaster/world ending flick, kept me watching till the end, even when the ending is a bit fluff... 6.5/10*

followed by a multiple watched already rewatch of PLATOON (1986 classic) oliver stone killed it with this war classic, great acting and still to this day holds up with power .... awesome 9/10*
Agree with Platoon, classic. Finally watched Zodiac, found this really great. worth a watch if you like movies based on facts.

The Dark Knight Trilogy - 9/10 (rewatch)

These were always my favourite Batman movies and the rewatch, reiterated this opinion.
The cast in this series is literally second to none. I love the super dark feel to this series.
Christian Bale and Michael Keaton the only two Batmans worth mentioning ;)

GREENLAND (Netflix)

watched this Greenland again recently and agree with you

The Dark Knight Trilogy - 9/10 (rewatch)

These were always my favourite Batman movies and the rewatch, reiterated this opinion.
The cast in this series is literally second to none. I love the super dark feel to this series.
Christian Bale and Michael Keaton the only two Batmans worth mentioning ;)

love the movies! so good and dark

Back
Top Bottom