Quick NRL Trading Card Survey - High End Cards

What about still having Young Guns Signatures but jersey patch autos in place of the league sensations?
I was one who answered No to this one - because I think you can have too much of a good thing.
A patch card every few years makes them something to look forward too, rather than expect. It would also limit the quantity of players receiving them.
Also, I like the continuity of LS as an ongoing series for every club.
...just my thoughts!

Thanks everyone for the responses......we hit 100 responses and the survey site now wants cash (monthly fee to get any further responses).

Some interesting responses and its great to see their is a passionate collector base willing to give good honest and open feedback.

I will be sharing this with the team at TLA in the near future and hope they can take on board some of the great ideas that popped up!

Cheers
Matt

I'd rather have League sensations (auto with no patch) stay than have a patch auto replace it also

I was one who answered No to this one - because I think you can have too much of a good thing.
A patch card every few years makes them something to look forward too, rather than expect. It would also limit the quantity of players receiving them.
Also, I like the continuity of LS as an ongoing series for every club.
...just my thoughts!
Agreed

I to like league sensations,but would rather see cards like these replace them.
15360550718482120472750.jpg

The patch card in its current form is old in my opinion. I agree with mike that’s the LS set should not be dropped in place of a patch card.

I’ve said elsewhere that the patch card should be if it stays in its current form of Road to the Finals be exactly that. 8 teams from the previous years finals series with a patch sig /25 possibly and a patch card /50. Make it collectible and harder to hit but with all 8 teams and not a random 4 teams that seem to double up every other year.

Just my opinion and possibly just dreaming as I’m quite tired this time of night and not thinking properly!

The patch card in its current form is old in my opinion. I agree with mike that’s the LS set should not be dropped in place of a patch card.

I’ve said elsewhere that the patch card should be if it stays in its current form of Road to the Finals be exactly that. 8 teams from the previous years finals series with a patch sig /25 possibly and a patch card /50. Make it collectible and harder to hit but with all 8 teams and not a random 4 teams that seem to double up every other year.

Just my opinion and possibly just dreaming as I’m quite tired this time of night and not thinking properly!
I like that idea , makes sense as it spreads them out without flooding the market

While I wont talk on Michaels behalf, but a lot of time and effort goes into putting up ideas for releases that I think would work both from a collectability point of view and also a commercial point of view. I now know enough of the behind the scenes challenges that companies face especially in terms of costs/logistics etc.....so these arent half baked ideas there is actually a lot of planning that goes into them.

There are some really good ideas that have been thrown up in the survey.....some of which could potentially have a lot of merit.

As for telling my wife about my maildays......never!
never ever tell the wife your true extent of what you do when collecting anything.

Back
Top Bottom