PSA Returns 2023

Expecting a 9 but secretly hoping for a 10

IMG_9977.jpeg

For thsi type of exercise you might benefit from the BGS sub-grades...refine that grading game! Otherwise second guessign grades might drive you crazy....

Talk us through yoor screening / pre-gradign approach, always learn soemthing new from each person I ask!

For thsi type of exercise you might benefit from the BGS sub-grades...refine that grading game! Otherwise second guessign grades might drive you crazy....

Talk us through yoor screening / pre-gradign approach, always learn soemthing new from each person I ask!

For most cards I'm going with PSA but yeah I will do BGS for others where I want the sub-grades AND if I think the card will look better with that gold or potential black label.

If it's PC it doesn't really matter about resale value but if there's a chance I might sell one day then it's a no-brainer PSA as they are miles ahead.

If it's PC I wasn't looking as hard but I'll have to change that when paying $40/card - I don't think I turned on my light to look at the KG Topps card so that's my error.

I look under bright light otherwise and tilt at all angles to see any surface scratches and impressions. Look at corners and edges too.

Centering is tougher - this is maybe where a centering tool from ebay might help - if you're looking at say - that Recon Gold /10 above, you can tell with the eye that it's off centre slightly - so 9 is fair - with other designs like the 07-08 Finest chase I'm doing it's way harder so I think I'll get the tool. That card looked minty mint so it was a shock to get a 9.

Anyone link me to a good centering tool kit near Sydney?

For most cards I'm going with PSA but yeah I will do BGS for others where I want the sub-grades AND if I think the card will look better with that gold or potential black label.

If it's PC it doesn't really matter about resale value but if there's a chance I might sell one day then it's a no-brainer PSA as they are miles ahead.

If it's PC I wasn't looking as hard but I'll have to change that when paying $40/card - I don't think I turned on my light to look at the KG Topps card so that's my error.

I look under bright light otherwise and tilt at all angles to see any surface scratches and impressions. Look at corners and edges too.

Centering is tougher - this is maybe where a centering tool from ebay might help - if you're looking at say - that Recon Gold /10 above, you can tell with the eye that it's off centre slightly - so 9 is fair - with other designs like the 07-08 Finest chase I'm doing it's way harder so I think I'll get the tool. That card looked minty mint so it was a shock to get a 9.

Anyone link me to a good centering tool kit near Sydney?

Check this out mate - has a heap of bugs but it's a free app (DeadCenter.App) and with a bit of elbow grease in terms of repositioning the 'boundary markers' it works quite well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deadcenter.free20&hl=en_AU&gl=US

..and make sure you microfibre those cards down before submitting, losing grades for the big ol KGF4L fingerprint woudl be a major disaster!

Back
Top Bottom