PSA Grading Group Submissions

Anyone know if factory print lines across the card will lower the grade? have one and seen some on the Optic RC cards I'm thinking of submitting

Anyone know if factory print lines across the card will lower the grade? have one and seen some on the Optic RC cards I'm thinking of submitting

psa1.JPG
psa2.JPG

DECEMBER 2019 SUBMISSION

Due Dates:
Cards requiring cleaning ($5 per card) - 13th December
Cards not requiring cleaning - 17th December

Sending submission - 20th December

Please note that I will be strictly adhering to these dates this submission with it being so close to Christmas. We can't afford delays otherwise we won't get the submission out before Christmas. It also hopefully gives people time to get some Prizm hits to me noting it releases on the 4th December.

If you have any questions drop a comment below or PM me but please read the submission information document attached to the first post before doing so in case the answer is already there!

Will there be a january submission? Deadline?

Finished reading the pdf. What's the difference between bulk and regular submission?

Are the costs and grading times still as per listed on the pdf?

Hi @juxedo ,

Definitely will be a January submission. Cards that you want cleaned are due to me 24th and the 31st if they do not.

Bulk is just a cheaper submission which used to require a minimum number of cards per submission but now it does not. So it is essentially the same as the normal ones only I don't need you to fill out the submission form.

Prices are the same, turnaround times do vary. At the moment the cheaper submissions (under 100US) are currently taking around 4 months. Regular submissions (under 500US) are taking around 2 months.

Great to hear there will be a January submission. Will try and get my cards organised with those deadlines in mind.

Have another question about PSA's grading service. Is there an option to only slab a card if it passes as PSA 9 / 10? If they asses the card as 8 or lower then do not slab it?

Great to hear there will be a January submission. Will try and get my cards organised with those deadlines in mind.

Have another question about PSA's grading service. Is there an option to only slab a card if it passes as PSA 9 / 10? If they asses the card as 8 or lower then do not slab it?

You should be able to stipulate the lowest grade you are willing to take to have the card slabbed but you still pay the same cost if it doesn't get slabbed. The cost is in evaluating the card. You may not have this option in a group submission.

I think the general consensus is that anything less than a 9 with modern cards and you are better off selling it raw( presuming you are selling the card at some point). I'd just get it slabbed and crack it open if you get less than what you'd hoped for. It's not that hard. Plyers and screwdriver. Wear safety glasses, though.

I am keen on a submission, does it cost extra to put my card in for the cleaning?
Process in a Nutshell

1. Send cards to me in a sleeve, top loader and team bag each. Add a note to any cards you want cleaned by me ($5 each) and to make my life easier please package up cards into bundles for each submission category you are sending them in.
  2. If you are sending cards for any submission category above $99US (see below for categories) please fill out the submission form found in the files section.
  3. I will collate all submission categories, label each card, fill out the PSA submission forms, package the cards up and send them to PSA via FedEx.
  4. PSA will grade the cards and return them either directly to me (submission categories with 45 or more cards) or to ShipMyCards in the US (submission categories with less that 45 cards). For the later, ShipMyCards will consolidate orders and send them back to me in a single package.
  5. You pay me when the cards arrive back here and I then post them to you.
Full details are in the below paragraphs.
--- GRADING COSTS ---

Prices below include shipping from me to PSA, grading and return shipping. If the exchange rate alters significantly (e.g. below 0.65 or above 0.80 USD to AUD) these will be updated.

Card Grade Only
Card Value <$99US (Option 1) = $16.50 per card (65 days)
Card Value <$99US (Option 2) = $20 per card (45 days)
Card Value <$500US = $32.50AU per card (20 days)
Card Value <$1000US = $95AU per card (10 days)
Card Value <$2000US = $120AU per card (8 days)
Card Value <$5000US = $315AU per card (2 days)

Card Grade/Authentication + Auto Grade/Authentication
Card Value <$500US = $35AU per card (80 days)
Card Value <$1000US = $80AU per card (80 days)
Card Value <$2500US = $120AU per card (40 days)
Card Value <$5000US = $315AU per card (20 days)

Crossover (BGS, SGC etc to PSA)
Pricing and turnaround as per above categories. PSA will not remove the card from the original slab unless it meets the specified minimum grade (essential requirement).

Reholder
$15 per card. Will require regrading if the PSA slab is cracked or damaged.

Sorry all, I've been flat out recently! Unfortunately PSA are a bit behind. They have over 1 million items in backlog... It's impacting our Under 100US submissions the most which have pushed out to around 85 businesses days.

I'll post the latest submission status update in the second post shortly

My submission (25 days turnaround) was received by PSA on the 1st of December last year and they are just being shipped back now. Not sure about business days but it's 3 months + all up. The fact that they are behind is - hopefully - a reflection of growing demand for their services. I've heard it's a similar story with Beckett.

Back
Top Bottom