PSA and issues with card sticking - do they need new cases or sleeves?

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
So I previously had an issue with a Ben Simmons Optic RC starting to show evidence of sticking to the inside of the case. Is it condensation? Coating? Case fault?

I sent it back for reholder and it came back and had the same issue immediately.

I've brought it to the attention of Nat Turner at PSA via Instagram and hopefully they do something about it - I know they were considering adding an interior card sleeve option like BGS but I think they definitely should, or test out new perspex/material blends for the case that would stop any sticking.

Post here if you have had any issues or have a suggestion and maybe someone from PSA will get to see it.

Cheers

Matt

IMG_0605.JPG

I have had this same issue with PSA slabs before. Very frustrating. What ticks me off even more with PSa is when they send me a brand new slab and the card inside is crooked/tilted.

I prefer to use BGS as I know they have the inner protective sleeve and their slabs are sturdier imo.

Maybe Nat Turner can fix this issue??

Humidity Issue mate. Very common in Australia if you do not store the slabs in a temperature controlled space.
Basically it is trapped air pockets within the slab that causes a film of condensation on chromium surfaces.
This is what gives it a wet like look.

Try putting it in a small shoe box or similar, then inside a cool cupboard with some silica gel (desiccant) packs for a week or so. Use 2 or 3 of them and put them inside a slab bag with the slab itself in there too.

Hopefully it works for you, it worked on my Select, Optic, Prizm and Baseball Chrome stuff.

Also, if budget permits.. maybe look into a Humidor. Average one will set you back $600-700.

Cheers mate - yeah it's weird cause it was in a cool garage (double brick build) in a fireproof waterproof safe.

May have to consider that Humidifier type thing though for future additions as I could have a decent value of stuff in there, could be worth the investment

Back
Top Bottom