Problem with member stp420

silvertapoutstar

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Eddie Abraham
Seems more people in the hobby are trying to get the best of a deal and not hold there end up.

A while back I made a deal with @stp420 which can be found in the link below -
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/silvertapoutstar-stp420.138059/

Now it was for a Chris Paul Signs of gold auto /25, which normally I don't do deals for redeemed cards and when they arrive they get sent to me but as u can see it was for my set and a package deal.

The card has been released and supplied as I found a redemption at a later stage I purchased and redeemed it myself and received mine, so his being redeemed A year before mine I'm certain his received it.

I've contacted him via eBay stating can I have my card as I haven't heard from him and the card was supplied.

He wrote back within 24hrs stating that he hasn't received the card (highly unlikely) and he thought he compensated me a card for it last year.
In which I replied stating No I didn't get compensated as I selected a replacement from his bucket but at the time he insisted I only choose a $20sv card (Which cp3 sells for $20 that's /25, I'll buy them all!!), so I told him I'll continue waiting for the redemption

I also went on saying I don't believe that it hasn't been supplied and if he can send me a screen shit of the redemption showing its still in the process as that's the only way I will believe him, and surprise surprise its been almost a week and I haven't heard back.

Just goes to show people's true colours come out on a $70-80 card that they need to lie about not getting it.

Really people like this ruin the hobby for me, if u make a deal and get paid SIMPLE gold your end of the deal up!!

Anyway guys just wanted to let people know, Thanks

If he feels like doing the right thing and sending MY CARD to me I'll simply delete this and all is well but seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:
So, if I understand correctly - a deal was done / included for a card that he didn't actually physically own? Only for the card to be forwarded on in the event that the card ever got fulfilled?

Have done a few deals with Steve over the years, he does tend to go offline for a bit from time to time, pretty sure he'll get back to you soonish.

So, if I understand correctly - a deal was done / included for a card that he didn't actually physically own? Only for the card to be forwarded on in the event that the card ever got fulfilled?

Basically the card was redeemed in his end and was told when fulfilled he would forward it to me.
Me being in no rush I said sure because I was doing the set and that cP3 at the time was hard to find.
And when we spoke back then I said anyway if it never gets made we can always request a replacement and u just send that to me.
But he didn't send anything and when I asked can he just send me something else of equal value from his cards/sale folder he told me to select a $20 card which is stupid as even at the time I paid $50 when it was worked out in the lot

Have done a few deals with Steve over the years, he does tend to go offline for a bit from time to time, pretty sure he'll get back to you soonish.

Yeah thing is he did get back to me on eBay right away then within minutes if getting his msg I replied right away and its been like a week, I'm sure he read my msg straight away

Back
Top Bottom