Prized possession with a story

ratsdm

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Darren
eBay User
ratsdm44
We moved a while ago and we hadnt upacked a few boxes for a long time, so we unpacked one of my most prized possessions yesterday.

Here it is, autographed plaque of Jason Dunstall and Dermott Brereton
P4060003.jpg

The story behind it is:

I had this photo from nthe back page of the HeraldSun on a pin board in my room, and then in my house for 10 years. Because it was from a newspaper it faded and was worse for wear.

So my mother got a reprint from the Herald Sun shop and had it framed on a board and laminated. The lamination was not 100% perfect so she took it back but they said that they couldnt re-do it because they had lost the negative!

She then took it to Triple M where they both worked at the time and got them to autograph it. (I think Dermott thought I was a sick child with his inscription!)

So since the negative was lost, I can pretty safely say this is a 1/1.

Thanks for reading

Wow, Darren. Can't beat that mate! Amazing. I saw Dermie and Jason at a sportsmans night years ago and I was petrified and captivated at the same time! Just did a bit of a trawl back through history and in the game pictured above Dermie kicked 3 and Jason kicked 11 - so even more amazing!

Wow, Darren. Can't beat that mate! Amazing. I saw Dermie and Jason at a sportsmans night years ago and I was petrified and captivated at the same time! Just did a bit of a trawl back through history and in the game pictured above Dermie kicked 3 and Jason kicked 11 - so even more amazing!
is that right? I knew it was the only time he played against the hawks as a swan but didn't realise they both hade a day out. Thanks for that. :)

His Fox Footy interview with Mike Sheahan was awesome last week.

Good back story to the head stomp too. Said that he could not believe the abuse he was copping from his ex teammates in a practice match, some of it was extremely personal and in his mind unwarranted after the years of service he had given. Rayden Tallis was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and Dermott tackled him hard and then deliberately stood on him - he was going to get someone, anyone!

Darren that is a cracking story and a magnificent photo - these are the reasons we love collecting, to get the rare priceless piece of memorabilia that are personalised and mean so much that there is no way in the world you would ever dream of selling them. Awesome story and a great item.

Dermott Brereton was my idol growing up, my first ever Hawks game I attended was the 1989 GF (as a 13 year old) and I was wearing a Hawks jumper with #23 on the back and bought this Dermie badge at the ground as soon as I got there:

IMG_2243.jpg

I was absolutely gutted when Yeates cannoned into him at the opening bounce but the mark and goal a few minutes later just cemented my admiration for the guy. I got into the rooms afterwards and saw Dermie exiting the shower and saw the big tiger tattoo on his right shoulder blade for the first time. It was a day I will never forget!!

I even bought a Swans jumper and sewed on a #2 when he moved to Sydney - how's that for loyalty!!

Darren that is a cracking story and a magnificent photo - these are the reasons we love collecting, to get the rare priceless piece of memorabilia that are personalised and mean so much that there is no way in the world you would ever dream of selling them. Awesome story and a great item.

Dermott Brereton was my idol growing up, my first ever Hawks game I attended was the 1989 GF (as a 13 year old) and I was wearing a Hawks jumper with #23 on the back and bought this Dermie badge at the ground as soon as I got there:

I was absolutely gutted when Yeates cannoned into him at the opening bounce but the mark and goal a few minutes later just cemented my admiration for the guy. I got into the rooms afterwards and saw Dermie exiting the shower and saw the big tiger tattoo on his right shoulder blade for the first time. It was a day I will never forget!!

I even bought a Swans jumper and sewed on a #2 when he moved to Sydney - how's that for loyalty!!
I still watch the 1st quarter of the 89 GF if I need to fired up for anything! And that is an awesome mullet, one of the best.

Wow very nice! Maybe your mum just told them you were a sick child ;0)

I think she may have. Might have been less embarrassing than saying this is for my 30 year old (at the time) son!!
His Fox Footy interview with Mike Sheahan was awesome last week.

Good back story to the head stomp too. Said that he could not believe the abuse he was copping from his ex teammates in a practice match, some of it was extremely personal and in his mind unwarranted after the years of service he had given. Rayden Tallis was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and Dermott tackled him hard and then deliberately stood on him - he was going to get someone, anyone!

Wasnt it a good interview, amazingly candid.

Back
Top Bottom