Dustin Martin 2013 prize card

Dylansusic

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dylan
Hello I have a 2013 Dustin Martin prize card I’m not sure on how many are around as they could only be gotten by winning on the online teamcoach was wondering what kind of price it goes for and should I get it graded

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great card!

Team Coach prize card prices are all over the place. It's really hard to get a read on their worth. The way they've been awarded or distributed has changed over the years.

I like this card because it's from the time before Martin became a genuine legend of the game.

But ... in 2013 you could choose which card you wanted when winning or placing in the weekly games and Dusty would have been popular among Richmond supporters.

I'd value this card safely at $100.

cheers mate I’m not to sure if it would’ve been very popular card chosen there was only a few of these cards that were released

I've just gone back through my old notes and there were three Team Coach competitions in 2013 where you could win a prize card: 4 Star, 10 Star and Who Will Win.

I know that you were awarded a prize card if you finished in the top ten of 4 and 10 star (i.e., 20 prize cards per week) but I'm not sure how many prize cards were awarded for Who Will Win ... possibly 10 as well?

If we make that assumption, there were 30 prize cards on offer for the 23-round season, plus the four weeks of finals. So, 27 rounds x 30 cards = 810 prize cards in total.

Because you could choose which card you wanted, it's also fair to assume the big Melbourne clubs were overrepresented in winners' choices.

As a Richmond supporter and player of the Team Coach games back then, I made it a priority to get all three Tigers. I also chose some other players from the big Melbourne clubs but also decided to get a few players that would end up being much rarer.

In short, it's hard to know how many Dusty prize cards there would be, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least 20% of prizes (say, 150 cards) were his card.

Still, that would make it a pretty valuable card given most would be in PCs!

IMG_1712.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom