Postage times blowing out

juxedo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
juxedo
Anybody selling or trading to the USA? I jist did a sale and went to post the card via economy. The lady at Australia post said do not expect it to arrive within 2 months, and more like 3 months at the moment. Normally it would only take a week.
Such a long lead time has put me off trading/selling on BO or listing on ebay.

Yep. I have 10+ packages I've sent since the end of March just stitting at the airport. I have already had to refund buyers..

Is there an alternative other than Aus post?

Same problem here, I sent a $600 card back at the start of March via registered express with insurance and it is still sitting at the airport. The buyer has not been in contact but they put in a claim for a refund and was successful even though the tracking details clearly state it is still in transit. I escalated the case through Australia Post and they replied saying that the card is in safe holding at the airport and ready to be delivered as soon as the borders open up.

Meanwhile I was forced to refund the buyer on Friday, I appealed the decision and it was denied instantly because the card hasn't been delivered since early March even thought he tracking clearly shows that it is still in transit. The buyer from Taiwan will most likely receive the card providing the mail is not redirected back and get to keep their money.

I spent a good hour eBay chat this morning and was told there is nothing i can do until the tracking number shows that it has been delivered.

I personally think that the payment should remain on hold until the tracking shows it is delivered or lost but as usual eBay always protect the buyers regardless of what evidence you throw on the table.
s-l1600.jpg

Same problem here, I sent a $600 card back at the start of March via registered express with insurance and it is still sitting at the airport. The buyer has not been in contact but they put in a claim for a refund and was successful even though the tracking details clearly state it is still in transit. I escalated the case through Australia Post and they replied saying that the card is in safe holding at the airport and ready to be delivered as soon as the borders open up.

Meanwhile I was forced to refund the buyer on Friday, I appealed the decision and it was denied instantly because the card hasn't been delivered since early March even thought he tracking clearly shows that it is still in transit. The buyer from Taiwan will most likely receive the card providing the mail is not redirected back and get to keep their money.

I spent a good hour eBay chat this morning and was told there is nothing i can do until the tracking number shows that it has been delivered.

I personally think that the payment should remain on hold until the tracking shows it is delivered or lost but as usual eBay always protect the buyers regardless of what evidence you throw on the table.
s-l1600.jpg

I have this same problem for a number of orders.

To make matters worse, after two months Australia Post "Archive" the tracking number so now when ebay checks the tracking code it has no information.

I spoke to ebay chat twice and they said someone from the US ebay support will contact me but nothing ever happens.

I have this same problem for a number of orders.

To make matters worse, after two months Australia Post "Archive" the tracking number so now when ebay checks the tracking code it has no information.

I spoke to ebay chat twice and they said someone from the US ebay support will contact me but nothing ever happens.

The biggest issue I have faced is the language barrier when dealing with sales in Asia, I will ask the buyer a question about different things regarding the item and ask them to approach their local postage service but they will reply with "ok, thanking you" every single time and it is so frustrating. These last few months I have still managed to successfully sell cards and memorabilia to the U.S. , Germany, and U.K. without an issue, it has always been the Asian countries that I have had problems with.

I've stopped all International shipping indefinitely, if anyone wants to buy something they will have to use an Aussie buyer.

Just as a guide.. i sent a large package via International Express to COMC on 19th May and I got a notice this morning saying it has arrived at LA customs. I will keep this thread posted with how long it takes to get to COMC.
The package was 8kgs and cost $200 to send.

I got a package from platinum cards last week that was sent 15/5. That was under 13 days shipping.

Hopefully this helps.

Yep! I'm in the same boat. Just got hit with $400ausd leaving my account even though the card was sent Auspost Express fully tracked. Thanks guys.

Buyer has been refunded and I'm out the card.

So what happens? Can we appeal it if it's delivered?

s-l1600.jpg
wow..you have the right to be frustrated and pissed.
such a nice looking card to loose with no send back or $ compensation.
ebays sideing with the buyer (in most cases) is so wrong.

At least I heard from my buyer. He said he'll either send the card back to me or pay me for it again.

The card is a Jordan and has dropped in value of course. I'd be happy with it back though.

wow..you have the right to be frustrated and pissed.
such a nice looking card to loose with no send back or $ compensation.
ebays sideing with the buyer (in most cases) is so wrong.
The Australia Post insurance I paid $30+ for isn't even valid because the item doesn't show up as lost or missing. I'm screwed either way but I'm not going to lose sleep over it any longer. I'll see it as a valuable lesson and hopefully it helps someone else here to avoid this same issue.

I would highly recommend turning off international post options if you are selling via eBay currently.

Experienced very much the same as you have all mentioned above. Had to refund one card lot so far, but luckily it wasn't no monsters, just a Donovan Mitchell Prizm RC and some other Mitchell low end base. Hope you all can get some sort of compensation for the losses! Or at least the buyers will be honest and refund you all or return cards once they arrive.

Sent off a 25 card submission to SGC Grading on the 14th of May, express insured and it is still 'awaiting clearance' at our airport.

Also, I sent a box of slabs to comC on the 18th of May, express insured and that has already landed at their offices and being processed into my inventory.

So no idea what's going on, seems some go fast, and others just sit collecting dust in the sort facilities.

Positive vibes everyone! Hopefully it all works out!

Something new to note is you cant insure over $1000 without having a reference number (i assume showing you're a registered wholesaler/retailer). My local post office had never seen it before last week when I tried to insure for $3000. Really sucks. I agree with above. Might be best to wait it out for a while.

I sent a card to the US on 14th April.

Processed through Sydney Facility 21st April.

Processed through ISC Facility in LA 4th May.

Nothing since.

$800 card.

The buyer has been fantastic and I've tried to keep in touch all the way through but I know it's going to get to a point where he wants wither his card or the money back.

I've kept his payment aside incase a refund is needed.

Lodged an enquiry with Aus Post 10 days ago. Still no reply.

The Australia Post insurance I paid $30+ for isn't even valid because the item doesn't show up as lost or missing. I'm screwed either way but I'm not going to lose sleep over it any longer. I'll see it as a valuable lesson and hopefully it helps someone else here to avoid this same issue.
At least you landed on the right attude...it happened, you cant change it, put it behind you and move on.
crazy times we live and for the time being, all international sales/postage should be put on pause

Some good news, the card I sent 2 months ago arrived in Taiwan and shows up on eBay as delivered. I was able to chat to eBay this morning and my refund should be processed in 24 hours. There's hope yet for those that are still in limbo, as long as it gets delivered and shows up on eBay as delivered you should be safe.

me and a mate posted to PSA just last week, I said to the girl behind the counter "I hear postage times to the u.s has blown out, and taking forever" she responded with "its taking far to long 2+ months" she went on to say the amount of people who are pissed off with the service is rising big time, yet its the flights that are restricted and that is the problem + the build up at the airports. also said not expecting it to get better any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom