Player In Focus cards 2022

Kennedy’s is more understandable, wrong footed, stuck an arm out, bad result.

Ramien though, direct and forceful contact with the head, he might be in strife, loading as well?

Regardless, they will still beat Canberra next week.
Yeah Kennedy isn’t that type of player but Ramien has prior form and looked terrible . He will definitely miss a few weeks .Was a great team effort all round to hold the warriors out ,even the old boy Fifita pulled his socks up and dug real deep in a few crucial moments while they were playing with 11.

Another classic example of what I mentioned last week about the stay down penalty milking situation, Sione Katoa milked a special off a Euan Aitken love tap to the back of the head and only received a penalty because he held his head , was barely touched and should of been play on .All the clubs are doing it and it’s a real bad look .Considering we were short for 68 minutes I’ll let it slide though haha.
Would just hate for it to decide a final or grand final though .

TLAWW2202002PIFRound9BroncosV1.jpg

And the only 80 minute Canberra performance this season is also unrewarded!!
I’m glad , ruined my Sunday haha. The Ricky Stuart curse strikes again think that’s 8/9 . Would of bet my house the score would of been the other way around .

I’m glad , ruined my Sunday haha. The Ricky Stuart curse strikes again think that’s 8/9 . Would of bet my house the score would of been the other way around .
Yeah I thought the Sharks were specials. They didn't play well but I guess it shows that if you complete your sets and have the back three starting off sets with good metres, you will be competitive.

Yeah I thought the Sharks were specials. They didn't play well but I guess it shows that if you complete your sets and have the back three starting off sets with good metres, you will be competitive.
Think the combination of positional changes combined with the hype after the manly game really hasn’t helped them. They have played terrible since but I think they will be a better team for it later in the year . I didn’t expect more than a top 8 finish this year and I think they need another year under Fitzy to be considered a real threat .

Think the combination of positional changes combined with the hype after the manly game really hasn’t helped them. They have played terrible since but I think they will be a better team for it later in the year . I didn’t expect more than a top 8 finish this year and I think they need another year under Fitzy to be considered a real threat .
Kennedy was the real big out. He gives them that extra attacking option on the edges which really frees up Hynes and Moylan. Ramien is big and aggressive but gives away plenty of penalties also. From a Canberra perspective, getting back to basics sometimes works a treat. Complete, kick, tackle, repeat.

Woolford looked sharp like his old man around the ruck, a genuine 9. I watched quite a bit of him in the juniors, always had the skill but seemed to lack fitness. Young Schneider is getting better, handled Talakai really well. He will drop out once Fogarty is fit but a real prospect for the future with these games being like gold for his development.

I had Canberra in the 6th to 10th area this year. If they play smart, letting CNK, Rapana and Cotric take those first three carries and then Papa and Tapine off the back, they should get field position which will allow them to win more games than not. They won't challenge the top 4 though.

I thought the CNK sin bin was harsh, the other two were justified, Whitehead just unlucky but his shoulder did hit him in the head. The Katoa try also, no idea how it wasn't pulled up with Nikora running into CNK. Common sense says that CNK was never going to stop that try and if that is how it is consistently ruled, great, but every other one of those this year has been a no try.

Hi everyone. Just wondering how TLA decide who gets which number cards each week? Is it random or first in, best dressed? I’m normally on the website at 12pm, and had all sorts of numbers sent out. No big deal, just curious.

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.

Hi everyone. Just wondering how TLA decide who gets which number cards each week? Is it random or first in, best dressed? I’m normally on the website at 12pm, and had all sorts of numbers sent out. No big deal, just curious.

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.
Supposed to be as per order , but can imagine certain numbers are put away for certain people at times.

From past experience and noting card numbers when they are flipped on eBay, certain people always seem to have low numbers, sometimes despite me ordering as soon as possible. I originally read that it was first in best dressed but personally, I think there must be some sort of "standing order" system for those who commit to purchasing X number of cards every week, hence they ALWAYS get low numbers as us mugs get pot luck.

I stopped getting every card after the first season. Now I only get Manly cards - so it should be a VERY cheap year for me this year!

For what it's worth, this weeks card for posterity:

TLAWW2202002PIFRound11RaidersV1.jpg

So just by way of example, I just got my latest focus card, Ben Hunt #6. One off a jersey number but still a nice low number. I’ll probably get a high 90s or in the 100s next week 🤪. Gotta say, this years are by far the best looking focus cards to date 😎

Back
Top Bottom