Penny Hardaway is BACK!

lockymac

Graded Mint 10 by GEM!!!
Real Name
Lachlan
eBay User
lockymac
The Miami Heat announced today that they have signed free agent guard/forward Anfernee “Penny” Hardaway. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“Penny is a player who has been an All-Star and has enjoyed an illustrious career,” said Heat President & Head Coach Pat Riley. “We have been impressed at his hard work and dedication this summer to get back in shape and return to the NBA. He is a skilled player who can help us in multiple positions.”

During a 13-year NBA career with the Orlando Magic , Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks , Hardaway has averaged 15.4 points, 5.1 assists, 4.5 rebounds, 1.61 steals and 34.0 minutes in 688 games (549 starts). The 6’7”, 220-pound guard/forward has shot 45.8 percent from the floor, 31.5 percent from three-point range and 77.4 percent from the foul line

That's awesome news.....I'm glad to see Penny back!

I hope he gets to contribute some minutes!!

Cheers
Matt

THIS IS AWESOME! who doesn't have love for Penny..... Man i just wanna see a Penny over the shoulder pass to a streaking Oneal for the dunk a few times this season... :)

Now where is Kemp his ready to come back too!

THIS IS AWESOME! who doesn't have love for Penny..... Man i just wanna see a Penny over the shoulder pass to a streaking Oneal for the dunk a few times this season... :)

Now where is Kemp his ready to come back too!

He could...if he wasn't a lazy waste of talent

WOW.. didn't see this coming from the Heat. :eek:

Great to see Penny giving it another go, back with the Diesel... should be sweet to watch.

OOOHHHHH MAN i could not be happier my FAVORITE player off all time is back!!!Cant wait to see him play...so excited to see him and the Shaq Man together again ahhhhh brings back the memorys fir the early 90's lets hope he stays fit and gets some minutes!!!!and they release some more Cards of his!!!lol

It's good news for the Heat in their search for experience on the bench. Penny can play if he can stay healthy.. given the little minutes he will get, most likely around 20 minutes a game just like Mourning, he should be able to stay healthy throughout the year.

But I don't think Miami has addressed the replacement of Eddie Jones since Penny is no 3-point threat and with a history of injuries, he is no longer that unstoppable player he was in the mid 90s. The Heat definitely need some young legs like Pietrus.

But I don't think Miami has addressed the replacement of Eddie Jones since Penny is no 3-point threat and with a history of injuries, he is no longer that unstoppable player he was in the mid 90s. The Heat definitely need some young legs like Pietrus.

Spot on. It's a little bit exciting to hear that Penny is back in FL alongside Shaq but thats about it, I don't see him making an impact. Pietrus is where it's at.

Penny + Shaq reunited.

Wowee!!

Shaq, Alonzo, Penny, Payton, how many veterans do you want, superstars of the 1990's?

I wonder how he will play, if he performs well this will have been a great signing.

The positive is that we know he can play better than lots of players on the bottom of teams benches, and he can play SG/SF + PG if needed.

Here's some versatility for us, can we please go young though!!

still, it would be great to see penny finish his NBA career with Shaq...awesome news!

all we need now is Brian Shaw to play with them too! and Nick Anderson, and Dennis Scott and Grant, and Armstrong...(actually Brian Shaw is a former Heat player)

I actually would of been more excited if it was Tim Hardaway coming back to play with them....Penny is good and all....but is Payton coming back?....they should of got rid of Payton and brang in Timmy..

i love Penny though, 1 of my fav players of all time....still got a Penny jersey somewhere! lol

I agree my fav player of all time is back too haha and playin with my fav team with my new fav d wade n shaq, i cant blieve it i so wanna watch miami games its great WAHOOOOOO lol

Back
Top Bottom