Panini redemptions - do they have tape over the bit you scratch off

sue_7777

Go Pies
Real Name
Mauro
Hi all. Just purchased a Panini redemption card of ebay. It said it had not been redeemed. The bit you scratch off had tape over it. When I went to take the tape off the whole scratchy bit came off. You can see some letters & numbers under neath and the scratchy bit is still intact. It appears someone may have already redeemed and then taped on the scratchy looking bit over the top.

After all my ramble can any one tell me whether Panini redemptions have tape over the scratchy bit. I hope this makes sense.

Cheers, Mauro

Thanks Andrew. I can't redeem because there is only a few numbers visible.

Thanks Rhys, that's what I thought. Now I just need to find out whether the seller is the culprit or whether he also has been duped.

Thanks Leigh. It was only $1. It was the postage that killed me. LOL. There feedback is okay in this regard. I am not sure whether the seller knew. I have just sent them a message explaining the circumstances and asked where they got the card from. Hopefully the response reveals all and whether they need naming and shaming.

Thats right. I never thought of that. I was surprised when no else bid. I don't even no what it is except that its 2010 Gold Standard Gold team Logo's, #13. And I will update when I have a response from the seller.

could be that they put the tape over to stop it from scratching/rubbing off accidentaly?
just scratch the rest off and try to redeem it?

Thanks Mak. It's hard to explain. The only thing I can say, is that it is impossible to get any redeemable code, no matter how hard you try. Hopefully you are right and the seller did tape it and in this case I will post to Panini and explain and see what happens. I can't wait for sellers reply.

Maybe you accidently took off the whole sticker? Because Panini has the code printed on paper, and ontop of that is a sticker with the scratching bit on it

I would just double check the item description too and make sure it wasn't one of those dodgy 'used redemption' cards for sale!

Thanks Kenny. The tape was over the scratchy bit. When I pulled the tape off the whole scratchy bit came off. There is nothing underneath scratchy bit to suggest there is any numbers there. You can see part of the code on the card and the rest should be stuck underneath the scratchy bit but there is nothing there.

Thanks Adam. That was the first thing I did. It definitely says card not redeemed, in big letters.

Makes me think that there are 2 layers still stuck to the sticky tape. Can you peel half of it away? The redemption codes are a sticker that is stuck on the card, and the top layer of the sticker is what you scratch. If they have put tape over it, it means the rest of the sticker has to be on the back of the tape! I would think he just did it to stop it accidently getting scratched!

Makes me think that there are 2 layers still stuck to the sticky tape. Can you peel half of it away? The redemption codes are a sticker that is stuck on the card, and the top layer of the sticker is what you scratch. If they have put tape over it, it means the rest of the sticker has to be on the back of the tape! I would think he just did it to stop it accidently getting scratched!

just been running some experiments on some of my old redemptions to see what the story could be, and its not likely that part of the number cam off with the tape. i couldnt even scratch the number off with scissors without destroying it, and the tape was no use at all. the tape did very slightly take some of the 'scratchy' material off tho.
seems a little dodgy to me now.

I can't see any on the back of the tape.

Actually does anyone know how long the codes are. If it no more than 5 numbers/letters long that may explain why I can't see anything else. And what I have while not legible may be all there is.

Hey Mak, thanks for doing that. I think you have confirmed it's dodgy. Also, if you want to experiment on this one, pm your address and I will post it to you.

Also thanks Adam. 10 long means it's most likely dodgy.

Not to worry, will advise of sellers comments.

---------- Post added 16-01-2012 at 07:52 PM ----------

The seller has replied and I got it all wrong. Actually Kenny got it right. I just didn't understand. I now feel like an idiot. You don't pull off the tape to get to the scratchy bit. The scratchy bit is on the tape. Once again I feel like an idiot as specially as I had to pull the tape out of the rubbish bin. Like magic, I rubbed it between my fingers and there is the code. My apologies to everyone. Also a huge thank you to everyone for there very quick replies. Did I say, I feel like an idiot. Cheers all.

Hahaha oh well lesson learned! Glad you got it sorted!
how-to-be-an-idiot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom