Panini Photogenic - Thoughts?

I love breaking wax and to a much lesser extent breaks but I'm going to at least try to put most of the funds into singles from this point. Easier said than done but my Haaland 2019-20 Finest PSA9 pickup is a step in the right direction. I think that is close to the most money I have paid for a single - $360AUD with postage and customs duty. I overpaid by $50USD from previous comps but someone bid me up past the $150USD mark( comps) and didn't drop off until $200. Could've shilled me but perhaps like me just wanted the card before the UCL final.

The funny part is I offered $250AUD for a raw copy here in OZ. No way the card gets a PSA10 from the photos and may not even get a PSA9. Seller wants $400 for it. I offer before the UCL final and of course expect a reply before the final takes place. He doesn't even get back to me until one week after the final and says he'd be happy taking $375 for the card. SMH. A 6% discount after Haaland failed to hit the net? I didn't reply. I got the card in PSA9 for less than he was countering.

Right now might be the time to buy Haaland as he will shortly get a boost as the new season approaches - unless of course prices continue to trickle down along with the broader economic picture.

Easier said than done but my Haaland 2019-20 Finest PSA9 pickup is a step in the right direction. I think that is close to the most money I have paid for a single - $360AUD with postage and customs duty.

Nice! I wouldn't mind a Haaland auto at some point.

Most money I paid for a single would have been a $1500 Pat Mahomes RC BGS8! That was a $800 overpay! Last year i overpaid about 5k in singles. I am a terrible purchaser, but i like what i like.

Haaland autos were going around 700us before offers, so that isn't too bad.

Yeah that is way out of my ball park. I have spent 6K USD on wax in one month( 2018) but up until the Haaland purchase the most I've ever paid for a single was $210USD for a Mike Trout 2011 Bowman Chrome PSA7. If I had spent the money I have spent on wax over the last 6 years on singles I'd be sitting on some nice cards. Hindsight. I never got into cards to make money. However, it would be nice to offset the wax breaking damage - which has been savage at times.

Timing the market is very tricky atm. In fact it has been for 24 months as it's mostly been dropping across the board. I'm starting to like the look of soccer more and more but only singles. They are pumping out an insane amount of soccer products and most, if not all, of it is massively overpriced in relation to what you can expect to get out of it.

Yeah that is way out of my ball park. I have spent 6K USD on wax in one month( 2018) but up until the Haaland purchase the most I've ever paid for a single was $210USD for a Mike Trout 2011 Bowman Chrome PSA7. If I had spent the money I have spent on wax over the last 6 years on singles I'd be sitting on some nice cards. Hindsight. I never got into cards to make money. However, it would be nice to offset the wax breaking damage - which has been savage at times.

Timing the market is very tricky atm. In fact it has been for 24 months as it's mostly been dropping across the board. I'm starting to like the look of soccer more and more but only singles. They are pumping out an insane amount of soccer products and most, if not all, of it is massively overpriced in relation to what you can expect to get out of it.

Check this out tomorrow:

https://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/2022-23-topps-chrome-barcelona-box.240031/#post-1930981

I have some nice Soccer, but not much. Not a fan with so many products.

I really need to sell some of my PSA slabs and fund a really big card. I should be doing this with my cards, but i love all of the cards i get through breaks and boxes

$700/box for 2022-23? 🥺😓
lol-haha.gif

Watered down checklist, shitty vet autos. I wouldn't pay 200 for it

Back
Top Bottom