Optimum 2022

I think it’s a good thing need to stop them bloody flippers have been collecting from 1995 trading cards afl these days got priced out of nfl boxes long ago just way to pricey now

Lol it's basically the same set as last year. I knew it would be similar but that is something else.

I had the same thought initially until I really thought about it without jumping down their throat straight away.

In their defence, not much is going to change because it has its own theme of card designs specific to that set. No different to Supremacy here or even Panini who just use the same designs for different sports.

However, what I will say is that $325 for what is guaranteed in one box is too much in my opinion. But Select know what they are doing. They know people are going to buy anything they put out so they have fallen into that same frame of mind that Panini has. Bare minimum thought on designs, bring back old inserts and release knowing it's going to sell out anyway.

Not exactly how I would do things as I would want the public to always look forward to elite designs and something new, fresh and trendy. But, that is why they are there and I am at home lol.

Got my 2 for being a member will take a punt on Sunday and try to get 2 more but as we no you will have a 2 minute window to buy and bang soldout

Last Optimum release was very easy. Should be even easier this time.

No more wholesale looks like I’m done with AFL After this year makes no sense as a business to buy stock at double the retail cost

No more wholesale looks like I’m done with AFL After this year makes no sense as a business to buy stock at double the retail cost

Wangs last stand hey! Something about him stating he has voluntarily handed this back to Select?

I think if you're not a registered Select outlet, you don't get looked after anymore.
Gone are the days of hitting the local milk bar for cards, I guess. Sucks to see.

Yep and we were the ones buying stock when no one wanted it, now get nothing

Yeah it's trash for me because I still love going to the newsagent wherever I am and buying cards for fun.
Luckily for me, my local newsagency is a registered outlet, but for people like yourself it's not fair.
I can't understand why they want to limit it to only registered outlets.

Collecting certainly has changed . I do enjoy all the modern day cards and sets but I still probably have my fondest memories when I was younger collecting Scanlens. You had a lot less money so every pack counted . Opening a pack of Scanlens , with that sweet smell of gum and trying to find a North Melbourne card like Keith Greig , Ross Glendinning or a Malcolm Blight will always be memorable.

The dark side of our little hobby..Seeing long time sellers being pushed aside now that the sunny days are here.
Shame to hear festa

The dark side of our little hobby..Seeing long time sellers being pushed aside now that the sunny days are here.
Shame to hear festa

Fact of the matter is that it became a business more than a hobby. It sucks but that's how it has become. People saw there was a market to make money in with cards and it boomed. Same goes with action figures, toys of all kinds and anything retro now.

We either adapt or get out, I guess.

I don't think it will be too difficult with the reduced public box limit.

The sneaker bot crew got burnt bad recently on the Charizard UPCs (have been selling their preorders at a loss), so it will be interesting to see how many turn out for a fairly underwhelming two boxes.

Was this because they had been overproduced?

I don't think it will be too difficult with the reduced public box limit.

The sneaker bot crew got burnt bad recently on the Charizard UPCs (have been selling their preorders at a loss), so it will be interesting to see how many turn out for a fairly underwhelming two boxes.
Not sure. There is more SCC members now than this time last year so yes while they they have lowered the public limit, they have upped the SCC.
So that would be close to 2000 boxes already gone to SCC members(if they all maxed out their buying limit). Plus a portion of boxes sold to retailers. I would say it would be close to what was publicly released last year but with the limit to 2 instead of four boxes, it just spreads the love a little bit further

Not sure. There is more SCC members now than this time last year so yes while they they have lowered the public limit, they have upped the SCC.
So that would be close to 2000 boxes already gone to SCC members(if they all maxed out their buying limit). Plus a portion of boxes sold to retailers. I would say it would be close to what was publicly released last year but with the limit to 2 instead of four boxes, it just spreads the love a little bit further

I have never seen any boxes of footy cards other than Teamcoach and Footy Stars in brick and mortar stores.
Online stores, most definitely, but never in person. Has that changed?

I have never seen any boxes of footy cards other than Teamcoach and Footy Stars in brick and mortar stores.
Online stores, most definitely, but never in person. Has that changed?

Not from what I have seen, but i guess the brick and mortar hobby shops would have these.

Your run of the mill Coles' etc would never have these

Not from what I have seen, but i guess the brick and mortar hobby shops would have these.

Your run of the mill Coles' etc would never have these

I was referring to collectable shops, I know Coles and what not would never have them.
Even then, I only ever see them online.

Back
Top Bottom