Official Real/Fake card Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ive been on the look out for buying a MJ Autographed Poster.... But cant seem to find one for a decent price.
I have come across these, but they seem a bit dodgey. One is from a seller in VIC named "2013WallofFame" and another is from the USA named "Goombaroomba".

Has one dealt with these people before, and what is your opinoins on the autos?

Unless its UDA dont bother.

2013WallofFame - I have no doubt fake. Look at the autos he selling and how cheap they are

Goombaroomba - Again i dont believe they are real

definate fake

My eyes aren't trained well, how can you tell?

I think the centering looked dodgy to me, given that both top and bottom don't have much "red bit" on the front, but from the photo, I can't make out enough to say on the back to tell if the Bull's eyes are too coloured in, or the NBAPA logo has enough detail?

Just trying to avoid getting stung!

There are tonnes of websites on the web on how to spot the fakes.
This one inparticular the colouring is way off on the back, and the fact that the borders are narrow almost guarantees that its a reprint.

1992 Skybox Z Force is funny, at best they started in 1996.
The Tribute card for $50 is okay, worth the risk I'd say.
Last one was pack pulled, well they all are, but he is suggesting the auto was on the card. It's simply a signed in person card at best.

Make sure not to bid on these...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12107411...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1088

Panini dont make this dual auto version, plus UD own exclusive rights to lebron autos, so even if it was signed in person, he would not be allowed. Plus Kobe auto is full name (most of the time after 2010)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18109316...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1093wt_1073

Clearly it is the same person, has all the same pen style.... wonder if the people who own these even know or not.

My eyes aren't trained well, how can you tell?

I think the centering looked dodgy to me, given that both top and bottom don't have much "red bit" on the front, but from the photo, I can't make out enough to say on the back to tell if the Bull's eyes are too coloured in, or the NBAPA logo has enough detail?

Just trying to avoid getting stung!

Purchase a reprint, very cheap on eBay, I got one for $6 delivered. At least I'll know a little more on what to look for in person :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom