Official Real/Fake card Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd almost bank on those VCs being fake. The slab MIGHT be a determining factor, but it seems VERY odd that the same dude has both, and they're both Gem 10s...

Here is what the seller said about the cards

"
Thank you for the information pertaining to these cards, however as I am not doing anything illegal I will not be removing them. I am not aware of any fraud and am unsure of why you would say this. Firstly, the three cards are from a collection I picked up at an auction. This collection has many signed and unsigned cards in it and I picked out three from the top to add to my items for sale. I have already advised that there was no COA and published this on the first question you sent. Secondly, I make no representation that these are real - just that they are a signed card. This was not meant to deceive, simply was a description. I would appreciate some information from you - for example, how do you know these are fakes? Would be very handy to know if in future I purchase anything such as this from auction.

I will advise you when I receive contact from Ebay, Upper Deck or the fraud squad as I am more than happy to show them the entire purchase and the cards in question to ensure they are genuinely frauds.

Kind regards,
Narelle"

I dont think they are fake they look pretty good. While UD do make sure to name cards logomen, i belive back when they first starting making jersey cards in the late 1990s some high end inserts included diffferent versions of patches, plus you would hope that Most of the time cards will be considered ALTERED by grading services.

No its not

Uppder deck cannot find the serial number in there database and the card should be numbered to 10

Who at UD did you speak to?

I found this Kobe on line and the certification card and serial number are pretty close?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-02-Ultimate-Kobe-Bryant-UD-Buyback-Auto-88-/380377177433

And of course because its prior to 2002 it isn't in their database?

I could understand that the COA with the Jordan if it were a generic COA with out any reference to the player (like some of the later buybacks) that this could be swapped from a different player etc, but if this is printed with Jordan's name on it its a bit harder to fake?

Personally, I wouldnt be so keen to write this one off as a fake yet.

Cheers
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom