Official Real/Fake Card Thread!

Just saw this thread and had to post this to see people's thoughts. I've been looking for a Jordan RC for forever (it feels like years) that is ungraded (because I don't like/can't afford the graded prices). I know, it's a stupid idea. I've seen clear fakes go for ridiculous money, but this one seemed legit to me. The seller has also said money back if it went to a grading company and said it was a reprint. So, it's headed to my COMC mailbox from the seller and then potentially to BGS, so time will tell. Any expert opinions on it's authenticity would be appreciated :). In my opinion, if it's a fake, it's got me well and truly haha.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
You'll need a high resolution scan of the card to get a better idea, but even then, the seller could be using a real card for the photos but send you a fake one, and by then it would be too late. Here's a good guide when you do get the card http://bbcemporium.com/1986-fleer-micheal-jordan-counterfeit-guide/
Personally speaking, I think it's a fake because the yellow and black border above Jordan's name looks like there is bleeding/not sharp.

Just saw this thread and had to post this to see people's thoughts. I've been looking for a Jordan RC for forever (it feels like years) that is ungraded (because I don't like/can't afford the graded prices). I know, it's a stupid idea. I've seen clear fakes go for ridiculous money, but this one seemed legit to me. The seller has also said money back if it went to a grading company and said it was a reprint. So, it's headed to my COMC mailbox from the seller and then potentially to BGS, so time will tell. Any expert opinions on it's authenticity would be appreciated :). In my opinion, if it's a fake, it's got me well and truly haha.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

have a look here - http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/threads/how-to-spot-a-fake-jordan-rc.173701/

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
100% fake its the latest version of the fake mj rookies.

Dang! Oh well, only cost me postage then, straight back to seller for the promised refund :( At least he got his short term loan...

Out of curiosity, how can you tell?
The back is harder to tell.
But on the back the red top rectagle is s much deeper red.

But yhe best way to tell is the front of the card like exzibit3 said, the bleeding and also the best way i can tell is the deep blackness around mj, like you almost cant see his arm with the ball, everything is much darker on the front.

This is a graded one just of ebay.

See what i mean???
Personaly i think the darkness is a better give away than the bleeding, very easy to tell.

image.png

See what you mean comparing the 2. Fakes are getting better though, I'd never seen one that close. Most are obvious just with a quick glance at them. Back to the drawing board, may be just easier to sell a car and buy a graded one lol

See what you mean comparing the 2. Fakes are getting better though, I'd never seen one that close. Most are obvious just with a quick glance at them. Back to the drawing board, may be just easier to sell a car and buy a graded one lol
Ha ha your not wrong.

People will do anything to rip collectors off their hard earned cash. I dunno I can't fathom ever ripping people off and walk away with a clean conscience and feel good about it. Unfortunately there are plenty of people with no morals :mad:

Back
Top Bottom