Official NRL Traders 2024 Thread.

Lets play guess the legends for 2024!

Those crossed out have already had a card or have sadly passed away.

1703221106813.png

1703220960872.png

If you take into consideration that there are a few players on your list that also are not very well,the 2 that stand out for me are Darren Lockyer and Terry Lamb.😉

Last edited:
Why did you bring that grand final up.😥

Sorry Paul...... I was at that game and let me say I was sitting behind the try line and had one of the best views of the Nathan Blacklock try .....was sitting right behind him and it was like everyone stood still.......he just hit the ball and took off! Unreal!

That was the highlight of the day for me...... that and the fighter jet that did the flyover! Sensational!

Lets play guess the legends for 2024!

Those crossed out have already had a card or have sadly passed away.

1703221106813.png

1703220960872.png
I’d be happy with any of those tbh . Bob McCarthys brother used to come into my work when I was a apprentice, absolute gentleman. South’s legend . Lazo, Pearce, Grothe and Price would all be great . As Brendan mentioned, Tommy would of been my 1st choice but unfortunately too late .

As a Warriors collector, I still think Wiki would belong in a Raiders strip.
I wouldn’t say no !!

Lazo is a tough one.

3 GF’s for Canberra and 2 premierships including their inaugural. Player of the 1990 Kangaroo Tour.

2 GF’s for Brisbane including their inaugural title and player of the 94 Kangaroo Tour

Inaugural Storm captain, inaugural premiership also.

What a player.

I wouldn’t say no !!

Lazo is a tough one.

3 GF’s for Canberra and 2 premierships including their inaugural. Player of the 1990 Kangaroo Tour.

2 GF’s for Brisbane including their inaugural title and player of the 94 Kangaroo Tour

Inaugural Storm captain, inaugural premiership also.

What a player.
I knew he won 3 at 3 different clubs but didn’t realise it was the first for those clubs . That’s insane

I can remember who all my West's favourite players were from when I was 6. Ray Brown first in 1979, then he left so it was Dallas, then it was Jim Leis, then Terry Lamb, then Alan Geelan (great shoulder charger) then John Bilbija and finally Brendan Tuuta. After that I was too old to have a hero so just followed the Magpies till 1999. Then tried following the Tigers. Until I went to a NSW Cup game around 2018 and now I go to as many NSW Cup games I can at Lidcombe Oval. Refuse to wear any orange.
I remember that name Brendan Tuuta well. He made his presence felt in a game against the Kangaroos. Pretty much everything he did in that game sailed close to, or went beyond the edge. I only started following league closely during the 1989 season as the game was close to non-existent in Victoria prior to that.

I picked a pretty good season get into it though.

Last edited:
It's all about the number of boxes produced and the ratio of numbered cards within them.
So not sure if boxes/cases number have changed, but The Dolphins and more WNRL cards
changes the ratios.
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, or worse - a sexist - I'm mildly annoyed at the amount of women's content in TLA products. If boxes were 1/2 the price I wouldn't care but at current prices having WNRL content dilutes the overall value both because of increased print runs and softer secondary prices for the WNRL cards as it's a smaller market.

TLA should take a leaf out of Teamcoach's book and release a WNRL stand alone product. Same for cricket.

Back
Top Bottom