Official 2012-13 NBA Regular Season Thread. SPOILERS

Really?!

You are going to honestly say that you believe a 35-year old Kobe, 26-year old Dwight and a 32-year old Pau are a better trio than a 27-year old (best player in the world) LeBron James, 30-year old Dwyane Wade and a surprisingly young (considering he's part dinosaur) Chris Bosh?

Kobe is well past and is, currently, not as good as Dwyane Wade, Bosh is better than Pau and LeBron and Dwight are tough to compare one being a C and the other having the ability to play all 4 other positions, but last time I checked LeBron has 3 MVPs, 2 Gold Medals, 1 Finals MVP and a Ring and Dwight has a couple of DPOY awards?

No, I am not saying they are better, but you did say they "aren't even close"! I was saying that they are close!

Kobe was a bee's genital away from the scoring title last year - not bad for an old man hey? ;)

Pau, despite what people say, is a constant! He is always either putting up stats or at least taking a body away from defensive structures.

Dwight is THE BEST CENTRE IN THE LEAGUE!!!! And, has just played his first proper game after back surgery I believe??

I know Miami should be able to win again this year, but imo, the 2 most important postitions on the court - Centre and Point Guard - are the 2 areas that Miami has weaknesses!

No, I am not saying they are better, but you did say they "aren't even close"! I was saying that they are close!

Kobe was a bee's genital away from the scoring title last year - not bad for an old man hey? ;)

Pau, despite what people say, is a constant! He is always either putting up stats or at least taking a body away from defensive structures.

Dwight is THE BEST CENTRE IN THE LEAGUE!!!! And, has just played his first proper game after back surgery I believe??

I know Miami should be able to win again this year, but imo, the 2 most important postitions on the court - Centre and Point Guard - are the 2 areas that Miami has weaknesses!
Fair call, I will retract my "aren't even close"

Kobe is a bee's genital.

Pau, yes, is consistent but I just don't like him.

Dwight Howard? *insert Denver Nuggets centre here*, 'nuff said

Hmmm perhaps I should stay away from this topic... I really don't like the Lakers.

Really?!

You are going to honestly say that you believe a 35-year old Kobe, 26-year old Dwight and a 32-year old Pau are a better trio than a 27-year old (best player in the world) LeBron James, 30-year old Dwyane Wade and a surprisingly young (considering he's part dinosaur) Chris Bosh?

Kobe is well past and is, currently, not as good as Dwyane Wade, Bosh is better than Pau and LeBron and Dwight are tough to compare one being a C and the other having the ability to play all 4 other positions, but last time I checked LeBron has 3 MVPs, 2 Gold Medals, 1 Finals MVP and a Ring and Dwight has a couple of DPOY awards?

Sorry Matty! First time I've disagreed with you mate - I would still take Kobe over wade, pau well and truly over bosh and yeah Lebron of course over dwight

Cavs came to play! :hearts:

The Big 4 was in town ;)

Waiters 17 Points on Debut

Andy V with 23 Rebounds!! :eek:

Kyrie with 29 Points

and

Tristan Thompson with a Double-Double:kick:

Say hi to John Paxson, BJ Armstrong, Bill Cartwright, Bill Wennington and Aussies' favourite Luc Longley :D

Let me start off my season's comments with this one.

Kobe is such a ****head.

I will get it out of the way now, and i hope for nothing other than failure for the Lakers.

Right, now that i got that out of the way.

Miami to win and LBJ MVP
Think the Nuggets will do well.
Hopefully JJ Hickson and Patty Mills have a great year at Portland.
Kyrie Irving will be just as good as Rose.
Jeremy Lin... Who?

Let me start off my season's comments with this one.

Kobe is such a ****head.

I will get it out of the way now, and i hope for nothing other than failure for the Lakers.

Right, now that i got that out of the way.

Miami to win and LBJ MVP
Think the Nuggets will do well.
Hopefully JJ Hickson and Patty Mills have a great year at Portland.
Kyrie Irving will be just as good as Rose.
Jeremy Lin... Who?
I like this highly educated, clearly knowledgeable and probably handsome chap!!

100% agree with everything here

I am a huge laker fan, but part of me wants them to fail this year (as well as Miami)... I hate how teams just build superteams giving the smaller market teams basically no chance to win it all. I found myself more excited watching the Washington/Cleveland game today than the Lakers/Mavs.

If Lakers do win it all this year, I really don't think I would feel satisfied at all to be honest. Really hoping Cavs, Wolves, Jazz, Warriors and Nuggets all do well.

I am a huge laker fan, but part of me wants them to fail this year (as well as Miami)... I hate how teams just build superteams giving the smaller market teams basically no chance to win it all. I found myself more excited watching the Washington/Cleveland game today than the Lakers/Mavs.

If Lakers do win it all this year, I really don't think I would feel satisfied at all to be honest. Really hoping Cavs, Wolves, Jazz, Warriors and Nuggets all do well.
As a Lakers fan i'd take another title this year no problems! :D I really think Warriors and Nugz will do well this year provided they stay healthy. I was interested in the Cavs/Wiz game today i'm pretty sure for 1 reason....new players a breathe of fresh air into the league and teams to watch for the years to come. U pretty much know what your gonna get with LA/Mavs/Boston/Miami etc.

But lets be honest LA will win it all just cos Nash deserves to win a ring haha

Very happy with the Cavs output today! Don't want to get ahead of myself after beating a team who finished 2nd bottom of the east without Wall and Nene. But we have something good cooking in Cleveland!

Kyrie Irving is going to be an All-Star this season and if (i know big if) Anderson Varejao can stay fit for more than 10 minutes this is going to be a very exciting team to watch and potentially very dangerous come post season.

Oh and I didn't even mention our 'bust' pick Dion Waiters who put up 17 points on debut and absolutely outplayed Bradley Beal all night long!

1 game into the season and I'm already dreaming! Go Cavs!

PS: Miami did look very good, Ray Allen is a perfect fit.

Cavs came to play! :hearts:

The Big 4 was in town ;)

Waiters 17 Points on Debut

Andy V with 23 Rebounds!! :eek:

Kyrie with 29 Points

and

Tristan Thompson with a Double-Double:kick:

Anderson had 12 boards in the 3rd quarter alone! If he didn't get injured last season he was heading to the All-Star game in my opinion. We played one of the worst teams in the league and I don't want to rave to much about us but I was impressed!

Our bench is embarrassingly bad however lol, can't believe Luke Walton was even active let alone in the rotation!

Very happy with the Cavs output today! Don't want to get ahead of myself after beating a team who finished 2nd bottom of the east without Wall and Nene. But we have something good cooking in Cleveland!

Kyrie Irving is going to be an All-Star this season and if (i know big if) Anderson Varejao can stay fit for more than 10 minutes this is going to be a very exciting team to watch and potentially very dangerous come post season.

Oh and I didn't even mention our 'bust' pick Dion Waiters who put up 17 points on debut and absolutely outplayed Bradley Beal all night long!

1 game into the season and I'm already dreaming! Go Cavs!

PS: Miami did look very good, Ray Allen is a perfect fit.
Talk about not getting ahead of yourself haha :lol:...

Waiters was in the Backcourt with Kyrie and Beal was stuck with A.J. Price, wait 'til Wall is in there with Beal and it'll be a different story.

Talk about not getting ahead of yourself haha :lol:...

Waiters was in the Backcourt with Kyrie and Beal was stuck with A.J. Price, wait 'til Wall is in there with Beal and it'll be a different story.

Oh don't you worry I am well and truly ahead of myself!

The thing with Dion though is people said he would be a terrible man on man defender coming out of Syracuse and what I saw from him today was the complete opposite. He was active on D, had 3 steals and helped create off the dribble a whole stack more than Beal did. Aside from his absolutely sexy jump shot, Beal didn't do anything that really excited me.

Obviously I'm biased but Dion was getting to the rim, defending, passing. He didn't look out of place like almost every person who follows NBA said he would be.

Oh don't you worry I am well and truly ahead of myself!

The thing with Dion though is people said he would be a terrible man on man defender coming out of Syracuse and what I saw from him today was the complete opposite. He was active on D, had 3 steals and helped create off the dribble a whole stack more than Beal did. Aside from his absolutely sexy jump shot, Beal didn't do anything that really excited me.

Obviously I'm biased but Dion was getting to the rim, defending, passing. He didn't look out of place like almost every person who follows NBA said he would be.
I'll admit, I'm still not sold on Waiters haha

He did well today though.

I'll admit, I'm still not sold on Waiters haha

He did well today though.

Yeah i know what ya mean, I'm by no means saying he played good today, therefore he will play good his entire career.

I just think he showed why the Cavs went for him, the team didn't create anything when both Irving and Waiters were off the floor. He gives the team another ball handler and another person to create some offense.

Kyrie was just Kyrie and the sky is the limit for that kid!

Cavs won, Lakers lost.. ahh thank god the NBA is back!

Back
Top Bottom