miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
RIP another former NBA player.

Weatherspoon, former Illini star, NBA player dies
25 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintCHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP)—Nick Weatherspoon, a former University of Illinois basketball star who played seven seasons in the NBA, has died. He was 58.

The university said in a news release Saturday that Weatherspoon died in his hometown of Canton, Ohio, on Friday. The cause of death wasn’t immediately known.

Weatherspoon left Illinois after the 1972-73 season as the school’s career scoring leader with 1,481 points—still the 10th best in Illini history.

The 6-foot-7 forward was a member of the NBA’s all-rookie team in 1973-74 and played for Washington, Seattle, Chicago and San Diego. He had his best season for San Diego in 1978-79, averaging 13.8 points in 82 games. He averaged 9.0 points in 453 regular-season games and 9.1 points in 31 playoff games.

Re: Clarence Weatherspoon passes...

Clarence Weatherspoon is alive and kicking and owns a rap label 35*35 Entertainment, which recently signed J-Money.

glad to see you read the article Jimbo! :p

hahahaha!

in my defense, i was 20 years from birth when this guy was playing and i assumed "Weatherspoon" was such an uncommon name that it could only be Clarence!

my apologies to Clarence, your definately not dead yet.
and i didn't read it, i just skimmed it..

either way, someone still died guys.

RIP Nick.

I was gonna say......Clarence was 58??? He must have been playing at 48....lol. Still said, RIP Nick

yeah i was like...um....58?...ok.....then he was 48 in the Knicks Heat days? dam
still very sad news...honestly never heard of the guy, but still sad.

for a second there i was in shock was about to text a friend

than i read he was 58 :lol:

never saw this guy play but 58 is still a bit young to die :(

I read this article yesty thinking the same thing! Then realised it was a Nick Weatherspoon whom I have never heard of...

Still, RIP Nick.

This is mister clearance, put on a few more pounds since his ball days, barkleys no better

weatherspoon.jpg

He's getting so fat in the face starting to look like james posey

He's getting so fat in the face starting to look like james posey

or shaq in the offseason.

someone should edit the title of this topic now, still shocked me to see the name clarence, and im sure he wouldnt like to search his name on google and find this discussion about his death lol

RIP Nick.

Back
Top Bottom