Need help! Epson V300 scanner..............

evilhomer74

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
Hi guys, recently got an Epson V300 scanner for my birthday (woo :woot:).

Im having massive difficulty scanning my shiny or refractor'ish cards. They are coming out looking like this.................

img033.jpg

Notice the waves throughout the card? Some are worse than others.

Does anyone know what im doing wrong? Ive mucked around with the resolution, document type, what mode I scan it in etc etc etc, with absolutely no success. Does anyone have this scanner, or any photography experience, who can give me any advice? Thanks guys :v:

Does the same thing happen when you put the card in sideways (landscape style)? I'm guessing the scanner is making "whirring" sounds as it scans across the card at the points where the waves appear, like the light source is stopping briefly at those areas. The Vx00 scanners are great (I have the V100), it just looks like it is struggling to make a clean, smooth pass on the card.

My PhD wasn't in scanner technology, but glad to have helped a bit. I didn't actually think I had helped really...the effect still seems to be occurring on the case, but not showing up across the card so much. Another thing to try might be to just scan the card area, just to convince yourself your settings are good, as I think it is the raised edges on the case that are causing the focusing adjustments and therefore the lighting artifacts. I'm pretty sure I have used my V100 for PSA cases and not had this issue though, I will have to try some again soon to see if I can replicate the error.

Ugh....................back to square 1. Yep this bad boy is struggling with anything shiny/refractorish. Sorry Dr C, it did work with the Pierce RC & it also worked with a red Isiah refractor in a PSA case.

It was all going so well, and I was excited :woot:

IsiahXfractor02-25.jpg

Then I hit a brick wall.....................:yellow:

Bird11-20.jpg

And then the tears started :cry:

img062.jpg

I'm facing the same problem with mine :( have to play around with the settings but I can't be bothered...those waves are annoying!

Back
Top Bottom