WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
So where's all the chit chat on 2K now?!?!?! :)

I've been having a total blast with 2K18.

Last time I was this excited for 2K, my interest died off pretty quick soon after, but I don't see that happening at the moment.

Who bought the Legends Edition? Those bonuses sure made an impact!!

From the extra 100k VC, to the MyTeam bonuses (Shaq Ruby and Kyrie Sapphire cards + the coming weekly packs).

Always fun creating a new Player for MyCareer Mode. This time it's vastly improved, whereby you can now create a Primary Skill-base, with a Secondary one. Meaning you can focus on being say an athletic player (Driving and Finishing) with added outside (3PT Shooting) or Defensive bonuses.

The stat caps are still there, but now there's the challenge on creating a 99ovr player - "Road to 99" they call it. I believe by filling out the stats, you max out at 85ovr, but then comes the challenges and bonuses for increasing the stat caps.

I elected to go with a 7" Defensive Low Post big. Those Primary Defensive base stats (and max caps) are a massive win with non-athletic bigs, IMO.

MyTeam is still the goods, and I can see myself playing this for a while.

Pulled some sweet cards so far. I DID spend some of that bonus VC on a 10-pack box (55k VC).

I think the 10-pack box guarantees 2 Sapphire cards, or so far I've seen it that way (with other buddies confirming multiple pulls). As luck would have it, I pulled 2x Boogie Cousins Sapphire cards from my box - should be able to get around 8k or 9k MT for it.

Staring 5 looking like;
Steph Sapphire
Shumpert Silver
Melo Gold
Boogie Sapphire
Shaq Ruby

Off the bench;
Kyrie Sapphire
Zinger Gold - paired with the Melo Gold makes them both Emerald!
Pau Gold
+ fillers

I've bought 2 packs, and so far pulled Steph Sapphire & Spoelstra Amethyst then Rubio Gold and Poppovich Diamond. Not bad!

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure, I'll be playing again tonight, I'll post back what I find if no one else beats me to it.

I'd be surprised if there was no Online Leagues, one way or another.

I thought I read something about MyTeam having some form of Salary Cap based League too.... could be interesting.

For anyone interested, and until they patch it - which there's a patch coming today sometime...
There's a way to farm VC far quicker than any other method I've seen.

Easy and effortless!

Options are yours as to whether you start a 2nd Player or not, but this is what I did...

Start 2nd MyCareer file.

Make the team of choice, and as soon as you're in the Neighbourhood, turn and enter the Training Facility.

Bring up the menu (should be the same on XB1 and PS4 - I'm on PS4), and go to Settings.

When you see the difficulty and mins per quarter settings, change difficulty to Hall of Fame, then press RIGHT on the d-pad (assuming it's the same on XB1), do NOT press left!

Save and exit.

Now you're set!

Play a bunch of MyCareer games on the 1min per quarter setting, and you'll make a MINIMUM 500VC per game! Do specific things in the game to make more. I'm getting between 500-650VC per game.

From locker room to locker room it can take around 4-5mins, depending on how much time they play you for.

VC takes forever to earn, and does NOT go a long way. The way I see it, 2K clearly want us to spend $$ on buying VC - I got the Legend Edition with 100K VC, put about 49k on my player, and have added a further 45-50k VC to him (estimated) through this farming method, and am only 74ovr!!

Happy farming...

Back
Top Bottom