Motor Sport NASCAR 12 Box Break

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Been doing a lot of NASCAR trading with US collectors lately so did a big buy recently. Already traded away a number of these but thought you guys might enjoy the eye candy !!

With the arrival of Showcase it was time for my next order. Here are the results. Overall not too bad with some nice stuff and a few PC hits.

Oh and it seems this thread is brought to you by Happy Harvick and Mark Martin...

First off, 2010 Press Pass which somehow I missed last year, so I got 2 boxes now to make up for it. Got a couple of PC hits in Busch and a numbered Ambrose as well as another nice Harvick Sig/RU to match the shoe edition I have of the same series.

2010PP0102Custom.jpg

Next up a box of the 2011 version which delivered my first /10 blue of Biffles crew and a super thick Allgaier Geared Up. Nice to get a Regan Smith Auto which I'll likely PC after seeing him win at Darlington in person earlier this year.

2011PPP05Medium.jpg

Next up Element and normally I'd be over the moon pulling an auto of my fellow countryman Ambrose, but I got the same card last time dognabit !! The Busch is a nice PC hit.

2011PPElement03Medium.jpg

Talking of repeats and Kyle Busch, my next box of 2010 Legends delivered a very nice /9 Busch blue foil auto. But I also got another Brad Daugherty auto that I also got last time. You win some and you lose some. The rest of this box was just so so this time, but there were a few numbered PC hits and I still reckon they're one of the classier looking card releases.

2010PPLegends02Medium.jpg

Next up yet another box of Premium. Not a bad box for the price, with the Edwards and Danica CB's being PC hits. Burton and Vickers cards are decent too..

2011PPP04.jpg

And still one of my all time favorite release is Eclipse, and although the arty base cards get a bit "meh" after a while the hits are usually nice and this box delivered nicely in the form of another Happy Harvick Auto/RU 10/10.

2011PPEclipse04.jpg

The box of Stealth saw me get "Happyed" again with a Metal of Honor. Auto was Jason Leffler and I also got the first "Black Ops" card I've pulled of the back end of Stewarts car ! Also got a couple of the Military cards this time.

2011PPStealth03.jpg

So by now you're probably hanging out for the eye candy. So I won't disappoint. I bought three boxes of Showcase and after seeing pix of them on here etc I thought they mightn't look as good as last years, but in hand they are pretty neat. I reckon I did pretty well overall, scoring a few nice PC hits..

First box saw me get a nice Jimmie Johnson Auto RU for the PC. I seem to have pretty good luck pulling his Auto's, this is the 4th now. Other hits were a Mark Martin dual RU and a jumbo Keselowski RU. Nice box indeed !

2011Showcase01Custom.jpg

Second box was better than the first, although PC hits were missing. First pack revealed a double RU Jeff Gordon Auto, the next a nice 3 color Kenseth RU and the third a triple Stewart RU. All very nice..But wait... what's that glittering Kurt Busch acetate thing...and what is it numbered out of ? 1/1 !! Nice !! Pity it wasn't a PC Driver, but I can't complain.

2011Showcase02Custom.jpg

Last box was also pretty good delivering a Kyle Busch PB RU, a very nice dual Montoya and McMurray Auto and our old friend Mark Martin shows up again in the way of a very tyre scuffed sheet metal card. Also got my first couple of greens and a Danica base in this box.

2011Showcase03Custom.jpg

I'm loving Showcase and reckon there might be another box or two winging it's way downunder soon.

Finally there are some things we do that we think about for a very long time before doing. And that was me when it came to Five Star. I loved the look of them, but a box is worth some serious coin so I've always thought better of it...until now. Once I saw it was available again, I surrendered to the box busting inner demons and took the plunge. The cards and box are everything you've heard about them. Absolutely top notch. I was a little disappointed in my box I must admit, as there wasn't a single PC hit in it and the booklet card could've been better. That being said the low number Kahne, Stewart and Elliot cards are very nice..and look there's our mate Mark Martin again !!

2010FiveStarCustom.jpg

Hope you've enjoyed reading about the breaks!

Back
Top Bottom