MJ Thunder Super Rave ended at....

I was thinking it'd hit $5k but wow.
On another note did anyone see the Tmac PMG green auction? Ended @ $2900+

You know what, personally I think its a pretty ordinary looking card! Amazing price for essentially a #/25 base card with a bit of foil!

---------- Post added 31-05-2011 at 05:44 PM ----------

For that price you could pick up a Jordan Limited Logos card, a graded RC and not even hit a quarter of the price?

I understand 90s inserts are rare and much more preserve value than autos and patches.
But how much is it worth a year ago? Is it even over $2000?

Drats, my bid of $8,225.98 just wasn't enough, lol. Nice looking card. Would people go as nuts for cards like that if it weren't graded; ie. what does grading do % wise to the price?

Depends on how condition sensitive the card is; but for the majority of cards a 9 doesn't add a huge amount of value to it. But in this cards case maybe a bit extra seeing as it's an older card & more prone to be in worse condition & hence people feel safer buying it knowing it's mint.

Depends on how condition sensitive the card is; but for the majority of cards a 9 doesn't add a huge amount of value to it. But in this cards case maybe a bit extra seeing as it's an older card & more prone to be in worse condition & hence people feel safer buying it knowing it's mint.

i dont think it has anything to do with the grading 9, the fact its verified as a super rave by beckett and slabbed would be the attraction here...

It's a crazy price but there are some crazy collectors who would pay anything to complete their Jordan collection. It looks too much like the base card, except for the tiny foil printed on it. It's more the folklore behind it and the perceived scarcity from that lock out season.

Back
Top Bottom