Michael jordan recent sales?

Crazy prices alot of the mid-late 90's inserts are ahead of their time design wise jambalayas, die cuts like noyz boyz etc not to mention the stated odds intimidation nation what were they 1:360 packs I think which just adds to the value

Crazy prices alot of the mid-late 90's inserts are ahead of their time design wise jambalayas, die cuts like noyz boyz etc not to mention the stated odds intimidation nation what were they 1:360 packs I think which just adds to the value

Everything you mentioned above is exactly why high-end 90's MJ inserts are so expensive Mitch and being the cards are from the 90's there just impossible to find now man.

Everything you mentioned above is exactly why high-end 90's MJ inserts are so expensive Mitch and being the cards are from the 90's there just impossible to find now man.
So true mate i had a quick look at some of the 90's inserts stated odds from beckett annual

jambalaya 1:720
skyview 1:480
linchpins 1:360
hardware 1:360
spx promotion 1:430
noyz boyz 1:300

:rolleyes: tough odds at that time

Anyone here keeping an eye on these mj 90's prices, they are getting rediculously high psa10 intimidation nation i was watching finished at $2500+US.

Anyone know anything on these sales?

Intimidation Nation PSA 10 was going for $1.6K US about a year ago.

Intimidation Nation PSA 10 was going for $1.6K US about a year ago.

Fast forward to 2017 and the first post of this thread "Intimidation nation PSA 10 finished at $2500+"

And Mitch those odds definitely have something to do with the prices we're seeing, I agree with people here saying it's rampant shilling to a certain extent but how do you explain this?

Screenshot_20170903-193011.png

Screenshot_20170904-203338.png

I know their 2 totally different cards but both sold by the same seller, but if shilling was involved wouldn't both cards fetch for similar amounts? Let's get this straight before i get flamed I'm in no way saying people aren't shilling their auctions on 90's MJ's but when cards aren't getting shilled I think it comes down to how much people are prepared to pay for a certain card to have it in their PC's.

Some times, you just cant tell.

The amount of times people have told me certain card sales etc were shilled, and not worth that much.

Only to find when listing a similar card etc that the flood of "off e-bay" offers far exceeded anything ebay went for.

Yeah, shilling happens. It does. But when sale after sale occurs, its not worth the fees of a $4k card, just to do what? prove a point that its worth $4k?

Fast forward to 2017 and the first post of this thread "Intimidation nation PSA 10 finished at $2500+"

And Mitch those odds definitely have something to do with the prices we're seeing, I agree with people here saying it's rampant shilling to a certain extent but how do you explain this?

Screenshot_20170903-193011.png

Screenshot_20170904-203338.png

I know their 2 totally different cards but both sold by the same seller, but if shilling was involved wouldn't both cards fetch for similar amounts? Let's get this straight before i get flamed I'm in no way saying people aren't shilling their auctions on 90's MJ's but when cards aren't getting shilled I think it comes down to how much people are prepared to pay for a certain card to have it in their PC's.
The only think I can think of Tony with the two Jordans one fetching a much higher price is because its depicting the championship celebrations just a great action shot of it love how it says in the slab 3rd straight.
:goat: status right there.

You could be right Mitch but to be nearly $400US more then the other? And when raw versions of the 2 aren't to far in difference in price? I'm not denying it I know championship cards of the GOAT are more valuable but this is ridiculous lol

Yeah na your right mate its abit of a head scratcher I'm an ebay addict bidding on Jordan cards can be hectic 1 minute to go the card can be $100 then the sniping starts to happen before you know it closing bid is at $400

A lot of the high end Jordan inserts have been on fire in the last 6-12 months even the lower-mid range inserts are selling like hot cakes at the stage where its get them while you still can

I can't help but believe there has been a lot of manipulation happening.

Where has this spike come from. Jordan inserts haven't gotten any scarcer, he didn't die.

Only thing I can think of is that a lack of new Bulls Autos for MJ means collectors have spent their money elsewhere.

But it's not across the board. SOME parallels and inserts are up and not others. Pretty shady.

Hardly a blip on the 93 and 94 Refractor and they're key cards.

I was watching the same card and auctions crazy crazy prices! I think I paid $350 U.S. a few years back for the same card, I wanted to add a second one to the PC but not for that price!

Yeah i saw this, super rare to see one of these but yeah crazy final bids.

That is crazy.
U have to say though Iv been beefing up my MJ collection for 2 years now and it seems like MJ cards are seriously starting to dry up. The old commons are still cheap and easy but nice inserts are few and far between atm

That is crazy.
U have to say though Iv been beefing up my MJ collection for 2 years now and it seems like MJ cards are seriously starting to dry up. The old commons are still cheap and easy but nice inserts are few and far between atm

I've noticed this too. Even on COMC mid end 90's inserts rarely show up. Really regretting cheaping out a few years ago when parallels like electric court gold were around and reasonably priced. I remember when i could've bought a CC gold signature for $80 and decided against it. They don't go for less than $200 now. There is a guy on these boards who wants $240 for one. I offered $220 and he never got back to me. But sets like the 99-00 UD retro epic jordan parallels never show up anymore. I have 5 of them but i'll never finish the set off the way things are.

Back
Top Bottom