Metallica's AA Selection after 13 Rounds

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
My selection is based on consistency, filling the position and being a big factor of the clubs 2006 sucess. You will see Melbourne has the most players in my team of any team but to me i think thats a fair assement ;) With the CHB i know McLeod doesnt play that position but i struggled to find a true CHB to fill the void.

My 2006 All Australian Team:

B - D.Wirrapunda (Wce), J.Clement (Col), J.Bowden (Ric)

HB - S.Burgoyne (Pta), A.McLeod (Ade), D.Swan (Col)

C - S.Goodwin (Ade), C.Judd (Wce), T.Johnstone (Mel)

HF - M.Pavlich (Fre), J.Brown (Bri), C.Bruce (Mel)

F - P.Chapman (Gee), B.Hall (Syd), A.Didak (Col)

Fol - B.Lade (Pta), N.Dal Santo (Stk), J.Bolton (Syd)

I/C - J.White (Mel), L.Hodge (Haw), L.Power (Bri), J.McDonald (Mel)

----

just snubbed: J.Corey (Gee), B.Kirk (Syd), D.Milburn (Gee), P.Bowden (Ric), B.Johnson (Wbu), D.Kerr (Wce), P.Licuria (Col), S.West (Wbu), A.Cooney (Wbu), D.Cross (Wbu), D.Cox (Wce), B.Green (Mel), B.McLean (Mel), N.Carroll (Mel), B.Goddard (Stk), B.Burton (Ade), T.Edwards (Ade), C.Cornes (Pta).

In the team:
Adelaide - 2
Wc Eagles - 2
Collingwood - 3
Melbourne - 4
WBulldogs - 0
Sydney - 2
St Kilda - 1
Richmond - 1
Pt Adelaide - 2
Geelong - 1
Brisbane - 2
Fremantle - 1
Hawthorne - 1
Essendon - 0
Kangaroos - 0
Carlton - 0

care to express you thoughts and teams after 13 rounds. Theirs a bit of biasty in my team but this is also based on players that havent been injured for a long period of time. My team will change at seasons end and i might post my final selection.:D

I Knew i would get flamed but this is my opinion and according to the age 4 demons players being included in this years AA team is a possibilty.
lets see your team Kyle ;)

add about 5 more crows and your getting close.

and yeah the melbourne bias shows through just a tad...johnstone over a player like scotty west in the middle? :rolleyes:

I would probably have taken Pav out, he hasn't shown a hell of a lot this year all though he has been one of the Dockers best. Maybe replace him with Riewoldt or P. Bowden?

maybe west or edwards for Bruce as he has slowed down a tad.
Travis is ahead of Bruce in the AA after 13 rds me think and beleive it or not i read an article that has him as the best 1st pick ever. ;) cant remeber were i read it but from a well read source and a reliable one at that hehe :eek:
His last 2 months would of earnt him a shitload of brownlow votes.

Heres mine:

B - D.Wirrapunda (Wce), B.Rutten (Adel), J.Bowden (Ric)

HB - C.Bruce (Mel), J.Clement (Col), S.Burgoyne (Port)

C - L.Power (Bris), C.Judd (Wce), S.West (WB)

HF - B.Johnson (WB), J.Brown (Bri), P.Chapman (Gee)

F - M.Ricciuto (Adel), B.Hall (Syd), A.Didak (Col)

Fol - B.Lade (Pta), N.Dal Santo (Stk), S.Goodwin (Adel)

I/C - M.Pavlich (Freo), S.Mitchell (Haw), D.Swan (Col), J.Bolton (Syd)

Just missing were:
Charmen, Johnstone, Fevola, Ablett, Mcleod, Archer, Cornes, Goddard, Cox and Milburn and co...

gotta agree West maybe getting old but the guy is a true ball magnet gotta be the the one guy going around most deserving of a brownlow not to have won one

i went for consistency over anything and players like West, Roo and Brad Johnson have had blinder games but also had a few quiet ones. It took west 5-6 rds to really get into the year. Remember this is 13 rounds in and will change.
also every AA team has a 2nd ruckmen on the bench. And with cox injured, Jeff White would be a shoe in for this spot provided he doesnt get injured. He is #1 in the AFL for hitouts and racks up the possies. And not to mention he has 14 screws and 5 plates in his face, not that makes a difference hehe ;)

Metallica do you have Andrew McLeod as your Centre Half Back?
I would have thought you would go for a taller player, but I see what you are saying about no form player there.

Some good selections there.
My changes to your team would be:

D Cox Over J white
Tyson Edwards over Luke Hodge or Jude Bolton
Nathan Bassett over Wirrapanda

I'm a Hawthorn fan an I have to say Luke Hodge may have started well, but a hand injury has made him play shithouse for quite a few.... I thing Magics selection of Mitch on the bench is the only real Hawthorn possibility... Hodge currently not even in my AA team...

if Guerra had not been suspended I woulda put him on a Halfback flank.... he's been sturdy and provided drive... but that would be biased... lol

MetallicA' said:
i went for consistency over anything and players like West, Roo and Brad Johnson have had blinder games but also had a few quiet ones. It took west 5-6 rds to really get into the year. Remember this is 13 rounds in and will change.

What are you talking about - West has averaged 30 possessions this season don't think many others would have.

His first 4 rounds were 33,26,25,31 he had a down fortnight 22,20 in rounds 5 and 6.

B - D.Wirrapunda (Wce), J.Clement (Col), J.Bowden (Ric)

HB - S.Burgoyne (Pta), L.Whitnall (Car), A.McLeod (Ade)

C - S.Goodwin (Ade), C.Judd (Wce), T.Johnstone (Mel)

HF - N.Riewoldt (Stk), J.Brown (Bri), C.Bruce (Mel)

F - P.Chapman (Gee), B.Hall (Syd), A.Didak (Col)

Fol - B.Lade (Pta), S.West (Wbu), J.Bolton (Syd)

I/C - J.White (Mel), N.Dal Santo (Stk), L.Power (Bri), J.McDonald (Mel)

I fixed my team up a little, i forgot Lance who's having a stellar season and hes a big body so i put him at CHB and swan is on the outta.
Also changed pav for Riewoldt and Hodge is gone for West.
West not in the squad was my biggest mistake. But i like the look of my new vamped team after 13 rounds and ill see how it pans out for the year and ill change it at the conclusion of rd 22.
J Brown is set to miss some footy so he might drop out and id put riewoldt at CHF and brin B.Johnson on a Foward Flank.
but at the moment this is my team, thanks for the opinions!
feel free to post a team like myself and magic have done if you can be bothered to do so ;)

yeh i do it most years but usally at the split round. :)
and i have a bit more intrigue in making the selections this year as
their are a few demons players that could win the honours. =P~

Back
Top Bottom