Melbourne People

howzat

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hey guys, just wondering if someone could tell me realistically how long would it take to travel from Melton to Yarraville in peak hour and non peak hour traffic, worst case to best case sort of scenario??? (whereis says 40km and 31mins, I don't believe it lol)

I have checked distances and maps etc, but would love some real advice. I have never been to victoria and know bugger all about their roads etc so any advice would be really appreciated :thumbsup:

(Could be moving there and working in yarraville, that is why I am asking :))

---------- Post added 02-04-2011 at 09:10 AM ----------

Also what is melton like as a suburb?
OR even sunshine, keilor, altona, what are they like???

In order i'd go for.... Altona/Keilor....then Melton/Sunshine.

Ballarat road gets really busy and the freeway does too in peak hour going and coming from Melton.

30 mins sounds around right. Peak hour? well how long is a piece of string? you could get stuck in some traffic taking upto 45 to a hour (maybe more).

Altona 10-15 mins from Yarraville and Keilor about 20-25.
Sunshine 10-15 aswell.

I'd think 30-45 would probably be about right on a Sunday at 7 am...45-60 more likely at normal to and from work times...

As for living, I'd probably lean towards Keilor. Altona is pretty industrial, Sunshine not much chop, Melton used to be known as the suicide capital of Vic ( Sorry Meltonites, hope it's changed!)

i moved here 3 weeks ago and what i found is that the public transport can be quicker then car travel (well if you catch the express trains anyway lol).

I myself have no clue where I will live yet as I work in the CBD. I was thinking east or north east as my partner may be working in the eastern suburbs.

Thanks for the advice so far guys, all noted :D

I'd think 30-45 would probably be about right on a Sunday at 7 am...45-60 more likely at normal to and from work times...

As for living, I'd probably lean towards Keilor. Altona is pretty industrial, Sunshine not much chop, Melton used to be known as the suicide capital of Vic ( Sorry Meltonites, hope it's changed!)

They were just my choices looking on the map as I would need to be somewhat central to melton and yarraville, any other suggestions would be cool! Looking at realestate.com I was getting a bit sus noticing that you can get a really nice house/townhouse in melton for $230-$280, whereas the equivalent in brisbane in a decent suburb you would be looking at $350-$400

Back
Top Bottom