Mavs eye #1 Seed

Can they do it????

• Absoultely, they are storming this year!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Nope, Spurs are still, and always too strong.

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
OAKLAND, Calif. -- With the season's first half done, the Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs are separating from the pack in the Western Conference. So it's natural to consider the Mavs' chances of claiming the No. 1 seed for the playoffs.

Do you think it's possible???

i think they're doin it. they're holdin opponents to 93 points per game while getting 99, their d is fantastic, they have so much firepower off the bench and never look as unmotivated as the spurs have at times.

I'd say no. Spurs have great D and with parker and ginobli doing all those penetration in the game, they are a hard to beat team.

I'd say not, but I would like them to get #1.

I just feel the experience of the Spurs from the last few years will count in their favour, and if they can get all of their team on court (ie not injured), then lookout. They have a similar structure to the Pistons, and could easily win 65-70 games when healthy.

i agree 33mourning, zo's been playing good of late, considering the limited time he has, i'd like to see him get the swat title this year, for total swats. because of his limited time the average is out of the question.

id like to agree with vladevinsky and say suns will be #1 with amare back, but the reality is that IF (and thats a big if) he makes it back in time for the playoffs, he wont be conditioned enough to carry the suns through the playoffs, hell be rusty as hell. suns will make it to 2nd round of the playoffs, but will meet mavs or spurs again and fall.

amare will have as much impact as webber did.. he'll play well , but the team will struggle.. they've had no practice/games together.. and it'll be too late to try and gel with that offence at seasons end..

i disagree, webber was new to the philly system, amare has already played 3 seasons at phoenix and 1 season with a long playoff run with nash. he just needs 2-3 games to adjust and he'll be fine. maybe even less than that.

jimboiitmac said:
i disagree, webber was new to the philly system, amare has already played 3 seasons at phoenix and 1 season with a long playoff run with nash. he just needs 2-3 games to adjust and he'll be fine. maybe even less than that.

i disgaree with you but i really hope your right! :D

jimboiitmac said:

sorry, i meant to say, he'd be a useful as webber was when webber returned to the kings in 2004 after his knee op.. the kings where on a roll, then played terrible when webber returned to the team.. bowed out in a 7 game series with the wolves..

white_chocolate_55 said:
sorry, i meant to say, he'd be a useful as webber was when webber returned to the kings in 2004 after his knee op.. the kings where on a roll, then played terrible when webber returned to the team.. bowed out in a 7 game series with the wolves..

oh i seee!! hehe.. let's hope not.. his 18 and 9 weren't terrible but his play was mashy..

Back
Top Bottom