Group Buy Marvel Universe 2011 (Rittenhouse) - 26 Oct

tangent

Nonsport - Comics/SciFi
Real Name
Jen
eBay User
tangentuk
Rittenhouse has released some details of their next Marvel release here. Release date in US is 26 October so should be here mid November. Key information is that it is the usual Rittenhouse break of 1 sketch per box, with foil parallels for the base sets and 3 levels of other chase cards. There's more than 140 artists and there will be have hot boxes for puzzle sketches (fairly rare) like Dangerous Divas.

I will be buying some for myself and therefore arranging a group buy, and am doing it a little early so people can plan since there's a few sets coming out. If you want me to hold boxes for you for later purchase, or want to arrange a payment plan, please PM me. Unless you have made such arrangements, payment is expected 12 October.

Trade threads will be set up about a week before payment is due and I will PM buyers at that time.

Box price: $75 AUD (delivered) / $80 AUD if in NZ

Orders to date (boxes):
> me - whatever's left over :)
> Taswegian/Quicksilver - 1 + binder
> fisticuff - 2
> tak35bne - 3 + binder
> sharkiefan0102 - 1 + binder
> jimmy_marvel - 2
> banzini - 1

At this stage I am not intending to get binders (and I don't know if they're actually being produced) because it makes shipping US to Aust much more expensive. However, I will update once I receive the solicitation.

I will have to be in for a box Jen

make that two boxes now please Jen...............:)

---------- Post added 26-08-2011 at 09:29 PM ----------

Jen, I'll take a box and a folder if they are doing folders

they are doing albums according to the Rittenhouse website, they are 25 dollars US but you can only order them if in the US of A. We might have to get an american member to organise for us OR hope they come on eBay.

make that two boxes now please Jen...............:)

---------- Post added 26-08-2011 at 09:29 PM ----------

they are doing albums according to the Rittenhouse website, they are 25 dollars US but you can only order them if in the US of A. We might have to get an american member to organise for us OR hope they come on eBay.

I have an American Forwarding address so if you cannot sort anything out let me know and just ship them to my forwarding addy where they can get consolidated, after that they will send them to my Aussie addy and when they get here i'll mail them forward. If they are doing binders i'll get one The one they did for 70th anniversary is awesome!

No problem with it being US only for the binders - it is for the boxes as well after all :)

The problem is the shipping cost. Essentially it costs almost $20 per binder to get them to Australia because they are big, even though not particularly heavy, and another $10 to ship them within Australia plus packaging materials etc because they can't just be put in priority bags like the boxes. This means that a binder in the group buy is likely to be $50 and it's usually easier to just buy them directly on eBay because there's only one shipping cost required. However, I am happy to organise binders as well if people are willing to pay that much - it probably comes out about the same price.

This is a traditional box product. The full base set (90 cards) is in each box and a sketch (or multi-card sketch puzzle). They haven't released the details yet, but I would expect it to be similar to their other Marvel products. That is, there will be 2-3 levels of chase cards with 1,2,4 chase cards per box.

I ended up ordering 4 binders (have to be in multiples of 4 for this). I won't hold anyone to their binder order, but will ask if buyers still want them in the order they expressed interest. I will set up the sale agreements in the next couple of days.

This set has been released. There's lots of amazing sketches in it. Both Glebes, Charles Hall, Eman Casallos, ... I have been looking through the various online shops and drooling (even though I don't really collect Marvel).

Back
Top Bottom