Mailday 5 years in the making

1s1ah

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jesse
eBay User
1s1ah
A little back story... In August of 2009 I sent a redemption card to Upper Deck for an Isiah Thomas 2008-09 Ultimate Collection NBA Ultimate Signature Materials-Legend , this was also about the time I started to grow disenchanted by the bombardment of new cards, so I sort of just forgot about this card. Well, I've dove back in and even joined cool communities like this one. It was here that I was reading a thread about redemption cards and I thought "hey, whatever happened to that one I sent in?".

I logged on to UD's site expecting it to say that my card was sent and I figured it got lost in the mail. Nope, to my surprise it was still pending. Something about the player (Isiah) was still under commitment to sign the card and that I should be patient. Well, 5 years is plenty patient. I contacted them to see what could be done and they were pretty prompt in getting back to me. The rep said that if I didn't want to continue to wait (duh) I should name off potential players for replacement cards. I only collect Isiah, but for good measure I also listed some players that I knew I could at least profit from.

Fast forward to today... I'm very pleased with what I received.

Scan_20140908.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing beats an inscription - after five years they should have given you all four though!

Thanks fellas.

This card got me thinking though... this is a 2013, why did they still have it? Beckett lists Isiah as having 7 of these Personal Touch cards (oddly enough they start out no.'d PT-IT3, and not PT-IT1?) all of which have a 4 print run. So, that's 28 cards of which I've only seen a couple hit eBay. Anyone have some insight into this?

Last edited:
I love the inscription cards and numbered as low as 4 you must be stoked!! 5 years is definitely long enough!

Nice low numbered auto! Never understood why some are held back/still available to be given as replacements when they should have all gone out in the product when it was released! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom