Look At This Shifty Pr@#k!!

Foolish

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Pete
I won the auctions on these 2 cards on the 3rd of March and paid the total on the 6th of March but only with $5.50 as postage cost!

I then get a message on the 11th of March stating this

Hi, all wins have to shipped insured for your protection to ensure the card arrives! please send an additional 8.00 for the insured express shipping, as soon as i recieve the payment i will send out the card.

zela0201

Ok so on the 12th of March i glady pay the extra $8 as I like these cards and dont mind paying to insure them......

Until today i still have not recieved the cards and i check my Ebay messages and find this.......

Hi, I am still waiting for payment for INSURANCE for these items, please send the additional $5 and I will ship out the wins! If i do not recieve payment by THURSDAY, I will refund your money and re-list the item. Thanks,

zela0201

here was my reply

I have paid the $8 you asked for previously on the 12th of march and now you want another $5 for insurance again,i still have my receipts for me paying the cards and postage the first time and the second payment of $8 for insurance....

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO RIP ME OFF?

Would you like me to lodge a claim you get a strike and i will report you to ebay for your shonky emails trying to get more money out of people? Let me know.....

What you think i should report an item not recieved straight away?

sounds pretty shady but wait till he responds to your last email.

Give him the chance to do the right thing - if he doesnt, then flame away.

Ry

He is being a rip-off....first asks for $8 then asks for $5...which is it? Can't need both, insurance wouldn't cost very much on top of postage. If the auctions stated that insurance was REQUIRED then fine, you need to have paid the amount specified, but for him to ask you for two different amounts, the second amount after you have paid the first additional cost, this guy needs to be reported.

that was my concern aswell he asks for the $8 which was fine but now he asks for $5 this is what got me thinking hes trying to rip me off......cause if he had thought he did not recieve the $8 wouldnt ask for the same amount again!

Just wait and see what he comes up with from your last email. I know personally I would like to get the cards rather than go through the whole Paypal/ebay battles.

Ryan

I wouldnt of gone so hard either only because it may be a case of him forgetting that he asked the 1st time (its a long shot but i believe everyone makes mistakes). I would of sent an email stating that you already paid an extra $8 on an email with his $8 request and asked him why he wants an extra $5.
The repercussion of going hard early may mean he dosnt post it, you dont receive it and you end up with a refund anyway (especially if they believe you got the cards for too cheap).

I wouldnt of gone so hard either only because it may be a case of him forgetting that he asked the 1st time (its a long shot but i believe everyone makes mistakes). I would of sent an email stating that you already paid an extra $8 on an email with his $8 request and asked him why he wants an extra $5.
The repercussion of going hard early may mean he dosnt post it, you dont receive it and you end up with a refund anyway (especially if they believe you got the cards for too cheap).

My thoughts exactly. Yeah he might be ripping you off, but my reply would have been something along the lines of, "I already paid the $8 you requested for insurance and I have the reciept to show this. Can you please post my cards." This gives him the chance to see you're not a dumb ass, are being nice about it and he has no other opton but to post. Flat out calling him out straight away means he'll likely not post and arch up against you.

here is the reply i recieved today

Hi there, sorry the payment did not come through on my e-mail, the message went to my junk box for some reason. Your cards will be sent out today. I am not trying to rip you off at all i just was checking to make sure you had payed. Your cards should, be there VERY SOON I will have a tracking # if you would like me to send it.

Thanks
zela0201

very true Ben maybe i should ask here first before i message people on ebay to get advice on how to ask in a polite way.....Just got alittle ticked off about it as its been 3 weeks and then i get the message asking for more money meaning they hadnt even sent the cards yet!

Also getting alittle annoyed at ebay sellers not even bothering to mark that items have been posted on their side so a buyer you see if the item has been posted or not!

Hi there, sorry the payment did not come through on my e-mail, the message went to my junk box for some reason. Your cards will be sent out today. I am not trying to rip you off at all i just was checking to make sure you had payed. Your cards should, be there VERY SOON I will have a tracking # if you would like me to send it.

Thanks
zela0201

very true Ben maybe i should ask here first before i message people on ebay to get advice on how to ask in a polite way.....Just got alittle ticked off about it as its been 3 weeks and then i get the message asking for more money meaning they hadnt even sent the cards yet!

Also getting alittle annoyed at ebay sellers not even bothering to mark that items have been posted on their side so a buyer you see if the item has been posted or not!

Great to hear it worked out well :)

And I know what you mean by ticked off! Just in the last month I have had 2 guys post items but they went back to the seller, and they didn;t re-post or tell me or anything! So when it came to a month from payment and I send my usual 'confirming date of posting' message, they're like oh it came back to me so I have it... Uhhh so why did you not re-send or even better, get in touch with me telling me this and then organise to resend? Idiots! But I keep my cool and it works out in the end :)

At least you got the desired result...

I hate the whole "returned to sender" crap, twice last week happened to me, but took the nutcases 3 messages before theyd reply to me....

AS for the whole not marking stuff posted on the Bay... Im not gonna start!

Thanks
zela0201

So where is the explanation about why he asked for $8, then asked for $5????? Not trying to rip you off at all....he already DID rip you off.

I am glad you are getting the card which is all you wanted but it sounds like he was trying to rip you off and then chickened out when you confronted him.

I wouldn't get too excited until the tracking number is given as he could be pulling another one.

Personally I think it is a genuine mistake from the seller.

Some logic here - if someone wanted to rip someone off they wouldnt be doing it for $5!! :lol:

Hope you get your card soon!

Personally I think it is a genuine mistake from the seller.

Some logic here - if someone wanted to rip someone off they wouldnt be doing it for $5!! :lol:

Hope you get your card soon!

Which part is the mistake from the seller? Asking for two different (additional) amounts, or not seeing the first payment? And if you rip off 100 people each for $5 (or $8, or $8 + $5), then that is $500, $800, or $1300...

I also hope you get your goods soon, that the postage/insurance cost on the package actually reflects the amount you have given to this guy, and that the seller leaves you feedback first so you can neg the living daylights out of him.

he has already left feedback after he sent me the email replying to me that he was not trying to rip me off.......

I honestly think he was trying to get more money just because the cards i won at auction didnt sell at waht he wanted....

Back
Top Bottom