Tennis Longest Tennis Match In History - still going - 59-59 in the 5th set!

graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
I am amazed by this - the longest tennis match in history is still going and will head into it's 3rd day.

John Isner (USA) and Nicolas Mahut (France) are at 2 sets all, and locked at 59-59 in the 5th set!!!!

The total games in this match (163 so far) surpasses the previous record of 122 games (1973 Davis Cup doubles match) by a fair bit - they have almost played more games in the 5th set than the previous record!

2010 Wimbledon Championships Website - Official Site by IBM

yeh was watching highlights is absoluely crazy cant break each other

You ever wonder if these guys attempted to break the record....this sort of publicity is priceless i would say.

Isner played in Auckland this year - 6'9" and a serve like a missile - they were hitting the court and then bouncing into the stands!!! Both have hit 90+ aces - in the match!! I think 50 for the tournament was a decent effort before this game...

This is one crazy match!!! There will be so many people tuned in tonight to see the ending!! WELL "ENDING" THEY HOPE!!!

Feel sorry for who ever wins in a way, because they will be nearly still 100% depleted of energy and will get slaughtered in the 3rd round.

No surprises Isner got flogged in his next match.

quote " I was just so tired"

You know how you can get a DVD of any VFL/AFL game in history, imagine if you could do that for tennis. This game would have a box set of its own. I wonder if they'd charge the same as a normal match...

You know how you can get a DVD of any VFL/AFL game in history, imagine if you could do that for tennis. This game would have a box set of its own. I wonder if they'd charge the same as a normal match...

i was thinking the same thing

Back
Top Bottom