LO & behold... I’m starting 2018 off on the right foot!

nichj99

Faried PC Battle Champion
Real Name
josh
eBay User
blue_1stp_klosr
I’ve been fairly quiet on the mail day front of late. I moved house in December and then at Christmas I stumbled upon these game worn Lamar Odom shoes. Not only that, but his first five games as a Laker. I was able to convince the missus to let me get them, on the condition that I refurbish my display case to match all her new furniture!

So I’ve been patiently waiting until the case was stripped, sanded and painted - chipping away at it on the weekends.

Unfortunately the acrylic lid broke in transit (MMB are filing it through insurance) but here it is in its current glory!

I’ll post some more goodies soon in another thread :)

89758DF3-6DAB-45F1-BCDA-E0EE1F7BC5B0.jpeg

3B9BDB4E-6223-4F96-B30A-AB3308474C0B.jpeg

Photomatched for your viewing pleasure

3B0889A0-C75E-44DD-849C-4CA7BA9A6686.jpeg

7FAD4EF7-F5F5-41A6-850F-7BC4B552E2EC.jpeg

9BCDCE13-4400-4D61-AA51-67FA35AD4B1E.jpeg

44196E2F-9F8C-488A-96EC-0F8F657A6452.jpeg

14C6802D-0FA1-40BC-BEED-36E6A250C074.jpeg

7078BDF8-37D7-4A6E-B601-2BBB4EACCE8E.jpeg

9DF5E115-F62A-461E-AE1C-F3F5554504C4.jpeg

0B8A9758-201B-483D-A39C-7D8D7A69B94B.jpeg

Jaric poster is a classic! Would have thought these guys ditch shoes every game! Sweet addition.......just need the Faried equivalent now!

Awesome set of signed Kicks.
What is the meaning of CATHY? looks like its written in texta?!

Okay - so to be able to explain this and the symbolism of it I need to paint a little picture.

Everyone knows about Odom’s overdose and bender at the Vegas brothel. He’s said that he started taking drugs not long after being drafted by the clippers as it was a coping mechanism for him when life got tough. Unfortunately, things were tough often growing up in Queens, NY with a father who was a heroin addict.

He is quoted as saying that death followed him through his life. His mother, Cathy died of cancer when he was 12, his grandma and then his first born son Jayden died of SIDS, and then a 15 year old boy (name with held) who ran in front of his SUV.

Off the court, drugs were his out. On the court, he’d write the names of those who left him to turn to for guidance when things got hard. In this instance, being traded from Miami to LA - new city, not performing to his potential, etc. he’d use his Mother Cathy and his Grandma as his inspiration if he was to hang his head to dig deep and give that extra effort.

Okay - so to be able to explain this and the symbolism of it I need to paint a little picture.

Everyone knows about Odom’s overdose and bender at the Vegas brothel. He’s said that he started taking drugs not long after being drafted by the clippers as it was a coping mechanism for him when life got tough. Unfortunately, things were tough often growing up in Queens, NY with a father who was a heroin addict.

He is quoted as saying that death followed him through his life. His mother, Cathy died of cancer when he was 12, his grandma and then his first born son Jayden died of SIDS, and then a 15 year old boy (name with held) who ran in front of his SUV.

Off the court, drugs were his out. On the court, he’d write the names of those who left him to turn to for guidance when things got hard. In this instance, being traded from Miami to LA - new city, not performing to his potential, etc. he’d use his Mother Cathy and his Grandma as his inspiration if he was to hang his head to dig deep and give that extra effort.
Thanks mate, explains it beautifully.
The pain in one mans heart ...

Awesome bit of memorabilia of the Candy man.
Those inscriptions and back story make them even better. I reckon the relationship and tv thing cut his career short which is a shame as he's such a likeable character and a very handy player. Great stuff here man congrats.

Such a good pick up there. I collect heaps of signed and game used stuff and love inscriptions, especially meaningful ones. If you do not mind me asking how much did you get them for?

Back
Top Bottom