Lebron - The Decision - Miami it is

lebron sucks. please don't compare this new trio to the aging trio of boston or the superstar lakers from the early 70s and mid 80s. at least boston sent some quality players and picks the other way when acquiring old fogies garnett and allen. there were less teams in the early 70s and less money as well. same with the 80s. miami got two superstar franchise players for zilch. cleveland and toronto will be reeling for years to come because they weren't even given the opportunity to start again with draft picks/a star player in return. that is the real crime.

Actually it has been reported BOTH Toronto & Cleavland did sign & trades for them..

From ESPN..

Bosh and James' deals were completed through sign-and-trades, making all three eligible for 10.5 percent raises each year.

The Heat sent two future first-round and two second-round picks to the Cavaliers for James, while packaging two first-round picks to the Raptors for Bosh.

Sources told ESPN that Toronto reacquired its first-round selection in 2011, which Miami had from a 2009 trade that sent Shawn Marion to the Raptors, and added the Heat's own first rounder in 2011.

Miami then sent its first-round picks in 2013 and 2015 to the Cavaliers and Cleveland has the option to swap first-round picks in 2012, according to a league source.

Both the Raptors and the Cavs will receive trade exceptions valued at $14.5 million, sources told ESPN.com.

So they both got draft picks + a big TPE.

LBJ is a business man. By leaving CAVS, he has created a storm and now he'll probably earn even more money on interviews/ books/tv shows from this decision. Everyone will now want want to sell his "exit-strategy" story. I don't think he cares about legacy when his making all this money.

What do you guys think?

From the same article..

MIAMI -- LeBron James and Chris Bosh are now members of the Miami Heat and both came at a cut rate.

The Heat's two newest superstars signed matching six-year, $110.1 million contracts, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. Dwyane Wade took an even bigger discount to stay in Miami, signing for six years and $107.5 million, according to the sources.

Sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that James and Bosh are scheduled to make $14.5 million and Wade $14 million in 2010-11.

Each player took $15 million less over the life of the contract to sign with Miami, but the deals came with a caveat.

All three contracts, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, have an early termination option after the fourth season that would allow LeBron, Bosh and Wade to return to free agency in the summer of 2014. Each player also possesses a player option entering the final season of the contract (2015-16).

Here is the ESPN article btw.. Sources: LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh sign with Miami Heat for $15M less each - ESPN

Finally a good use for that song, "I'm in Miami *****"!!!!! :D

---------- Post added 10-07-2010 at 11:01 AM ----------

Whoah! Fisher to meet with Pat Riley?!?! Now this would be the biggest bi@tch move in NBA history! :O

Los Angeles Lakers free agent Derek Fisher to meet with Miami Heat president Pat Riley - ESPN Los Angeles

I will seriously LOL if Fisher joins the Heat! :lol:

Actually it has been reported BOTH Toronto & Cleavland did sign & trades for them..

From ESPN..

So they both got draft picks + a big TPE.

Thanks for posting that, i was going to do so myself but you beat me to it. Now i think all the hating can stop since Cavs got something decent out of it (even though imo they don't deserve it after the owners outburst yesterday) and we can get on with being excited about watching this crazy Heat team in 2011 :D

that letter was very unprofessional from Dan Gilbert.
His emotions took him over the top

the underlying message from barkleys interview was that he doesnt respect bron decision to join the other stars... the kobe analogy he used was a very valid one

Back
Top Bottom